General Category > General Discussion

Furlough

<< < (2/5) > >>

goldshirt*9:
Aerospace / gar turbine engineering .
I am the last person to pass the part as sellable and stamp it off as usable according to the customers requirements / specifications.

dandrummerman:
Ah that's cool.

I work at a job shop, we do mostly defense manufacturing, but nothing that leaves the ground. Small tank / other land systems components, mostly, with some naval stuff on occasion. We also service a few other industries, such as food processing. Currently making some parts for a supplier of Purina/Nestle.

I program and set up our CNC mills and oversee a few employees who make the parts. 3 and 4 axis work primarily.

Because the DOD labeled defense manufacturing as essential, we never had any time off even when the state shut everything else down for a time months ago. I suppose it was lucky; except there was a time when there was a boost of unemployment federally in which I could have been making just as much for sitting around doing nothing...

goldshirt*9:
thats cool, American company  PCC Airfoils own us.
Military wise its only Helicopter and plane parts atm. Although American Airforce has given us a 3 year contract
supplying parts for the Harrier as they dont trust the F-35s in desert warfare (something to do with sand  ;D ;D )
Same as your self we were classified as "essential" but in reality PCC wanted us open for sales although power turbine's such as Siemens did need us and thanked us for supplying vanes,

smokester:

--- Quote from: goldshirt*9 on November 26, 2020, 09:12:58 AM ---thats cool, American company  PCC Airfoils own us.
Military wise its only Helicopter and plane parts atm. Although American Airforce has given us a 3 year contract
supplying parts for the Harrier as they dont trust the F-35s in desert warfare (something to do with sand  ;D ;D )
Same as your self we were classified as "essential" but in reality PCC wanted us open for sales although power turbine's such as Siemens did need us and thanked us for supplying vanes,

--- End quote ---

I had to visit a new client today who lives opposite one of the Heathrow runways. D'you know what, I'd almost forgotten what a plane looked like up close and personal.

I really miss air travel.

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: smokester on November 26, 2020, 09:31:08 AM ---I had to visit a new client today who lives opposite one of the Heathrow runways. D'you know what, I'd almost forgotten what a plane looked like up close and personal.

I really miss air travel.

--- End quote ---

I live under East Midlands airport "stacking" system and the amount of planes we see WAS alot, funny how quick you forget what they look sound like

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version