General Category > Food and Drink

Sockarooni

(1/5) > >>

8ullfrog:
For years I've wondered why sometimes I love spaghetti, and sometimes it makes me wanna barf.

Today I solved that mystery. I tend not to make spaghetti myself because there is generally something I'd rather eat. Good spaghetti takes forever to cook, and if you rush it, it sucks.

Meatballs require a lot of effort, and the payoff is sub par. Frozen meatballs, are of course, an abomination.

So I was making spaghetti on demand, and used Paul Newman's Sockarooni sauce. And I HATED IT. And now I have the answer.

If the sauce has bell pepper in it? I'm not going to enjoy it. So Thank you Paul Newman, for teaching me what I hate, just a little bit more.

mishca09:
do you have a little italy near you? the one near me makes the most delicious fresh pasta and home made tomato sauce. anyways, I've never heard of socharooni sauce, it sounds disgusting.

8ullfrog:
http://www.newmansown.com/products/newmans-own-sockarooni-sauce/

That lists the ingredients. ACID REFLUX AHOY!

Autumn:
New mans stuff generally is pretty bad. Don't try the popcorn!

xtopave:

--- Quote from: 8ullfrog on May 22, 2013, 09:49:32 PM ---Good spaghetti takes forever to cook, and if you rush it, it sucks.

--- End quote ---

Here's what can be done. The moment you decide you'll cook dried pasta you put the water to boil. This could take 5 to 10 min (depending on the size of the pan, the stove, etc). Meanwhile you organize the sauce, bread, cheese, etc. Then you cook the spaghetti. Another 7-10 min? During this time you set the table, wash the dishes you've used so far AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: you open and drink wine or beer or vermouth or etc.  ;D

--- Quote from: 8ullfrog on May 22, 2013, 09:49:32 PM ---Meatballs require a lot of effort, and the payoff is sub par.

--- End quote ---

Nah, nah, that is so wrong 8ull, pleeeaase.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version