General Category > Chaos

What makes you Happy?

<< < (2/13) > >>

goldshirt*9:
What makes me happy

The simple cry of birds in flight having simple cares.
Waking up with my wife in my arms
The smile on my daughters face.
Conversations with my son all through movies.
Constantly being mugged by both dogs
Running till it hurts, just being because i can.
That 4 am cycle ride seeing things that make the whole world worth while.
Acts of kindness that surprise everyone.

to name a few

8ullfrog:
My psychologist was not amused when I told him I felt like the reschedule felt like a snow day, but he did seem somewhat happier when I told him it was free bus day. (Oct. 2nd)

In reality, I don't find much value in talk therapy, or crazy pills. But apparently they are important parts of my complete health.

Honestly, if I could cut two bus trips out, I would.

The Tamales today were a nice bump in an otherwise not fantastic day.

I do dig your list there though, those are some solid foundations for life.

6pairsofshoes:
My shiny new iMac.  Damn.  I plugged in the external HD with Time Machine, went to bed and woke up to have everything exactly as it was when the old machine went down.  I've never had such a seamless transition to a new computer.  And even the packaging is beautiful and intelligently designed.

At one point, I told my husband that it was almost worth buying a new computer just to enjoy the packaging.  So much thought goes into every aspect of it, I marvel at the care.  Oh well.  I've never unpacked a Dell, so maybe I don't have a reasonable point of comparison, but wowie zowie.

smokester:
Alcohol. Sad but true.

I also like empty beaches and cooperative horses, especially when combined.

dweez:

--- Quote from: 6pairsofshoes on October 09, 2019, 10:44:31 AM ---At one point, I told my husband that it was almost worth buying a new computer just to enjoy the packaging.  So much thought goes into every aspect of it, I marvel at the care.  Oh well.  I've never unpacked a Dell, so maybe I don't have a reasonable point of comparison, but wowie zowie.

--- End quote ---

No, Apple definitely does a marvelous job with the packaging. No other company even comes close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version