General Category > General Discussion

Is the Corona virus the elephant in the room?

<< < (83/83)

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: christ on November 16, 2023, 01:13:45 PM ---My post didn't say poo.

--- End quote ---
Again you are Christ who posts the truth ;D ;D

smokester:

--- Quote from: christ on November 16, 2023, 05:12:32 AM ---The combination of Jags, macs, retirement, and Gosport Borough carrying all before them in the Southern League South go a long way to putting the world to rights.

... especially as I am old enough that I won't live to see the comprehensive mess that politicians are making of this world come fully to fruition. I am glad that I am not American, though, so I am unlikely to live under a full fledged Dictatorship like they likely will soon. To take but one example: Marjorie Taylor Greene makes Suella Braverman look like an amateur: both with single figure IQs, granted, but one is all-in on her stupidity where the other is just taking baby steps.

What surprises me, though, is that no-one seems to have actually noticed that Elon Musk is the living embodiment of Hugo Drax. Bond villains used to be so obviously over the top that they couldn't possibly be real, but seriously - what is the world going to do if it turns out that Starlink satellites have lasers targeted on earth? ironically I'm not sure that 007 is a solution in the real world, but wouldn't it be nice.

Actually it is quite thrilling watching the world turn to poo, as it is doing it in ways that I couldn't have imagined only ten years ago.

--- End quote ---

This sums up my point really. While COVID was a terrible time for us, you always knew that mankind would find a way through it even if personally you may not. With what's going on in the world now, there no guarantee there will ever be a path to stability.

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: christ on November 16, 2023, 05:12:32 AM ---What surprises me, though, is that no-one seems to have actually noticed that Elon Musk is the living embodiment of Hugo Drax. Bond villains used to be so obviously over the top that they couldn't possibly be real, but seriously - what is the world going to do if it turns out that Starlink satellites have lasers targeted on earth? ironically I'm not sure that 007 is a solution in the real world, but wouldn't it be nice.

--- End quote ---

"Advertisers are fleeing social media platform X over concerns about their ads showing up next to pro-Nazi content and hate speech on the site in general, with billionaire owner Elon Musk inflaming tensions with his own posts endorsing an antisemitic conspiracy theory"

Have you by chance the number for next weeks lottery  ;D ;D

8ullfrog:
Sadly, this is not actually about antisemitism. It is about payment processing.

There are things that you simply cannot say on the internet and remain in business, unless you run the entire show.

If you cross those lines, banks cut you off.  And without payment processing, you literally cannot run ads, because you cannot be paid.

This doesn't really have anything to do with covid though.

(What the one X'er said is ABSOLUTELY antisemitism, it's the "great replacement" theory.)
Musk lost hundreds of millions of dollars, for the equivalent of a "this" throwaway comment.

6pairsofshoes:
Give 'em enough rope...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version