Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 423912 times)

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #2400 on: May 16, 2016, 08:57:56 AM »
I have avoided batman vs superman, as I did alien vs predator, Jason vs Freddy(hate obvious winners - Jason doesn't sleep.) And all superman movies, so far I prevail.

The Witch - im not big on horror, I kinda dig thrillers and  " spaghetti gore/horror" I pretty much despise gore movies, no matter if they by chance have a plot...
Although I did like a lot of nineties horror, scream types, summer of Sam, rob zombie flicks.. Most which fall under speghettie horror to me. the classics of horror are a go, scarier than modern movies are my prefered favorite in oldies.  This was none of these really, i read it described as hard to watch, as in, you feel like you shouldnt be watching it.  but I did, and I admit to enjoying the story no matter the graphic content. Usually I love movies that posses the quality to make me feel it's something I shouldn't see... The words should & shouldnt are over used, to say in the slightest..
The filming was very well, actors were very well, and a solid ending with no need of a twist to keep you pondering some of its mysteries well afterward.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2401 on: May 16, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »
The Witch - im not big on horror,
me also but this isnt a horror really, more of the time it was set and what they believe. Poor really.

nothing new for me atm

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #2402 on: May 16, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
Do you find the movie poor, or the culture of era, maybe something else?
I rather enjoyed seeing the time period acted out, I loved the dialect.  It's a subject I'm interested in, a fantasy, and still holds historical root.  I could not decide between two theories i predicted to happen, and for once I didn't care when it answered to neither, yet gave a fully descriptive ending.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2403 on: May 16, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »
Ok, we watched Cap'n America: Civil War and I personally thought the story was the most coherent out of all the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.

I'm giving it an 8, no less.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2404 on: May 17, 2016, 07:57:51 AM »
Do you find the movie poor, or the culture of era, maybe something else?
I rather enjoyed seeing the time period acted out, I loved the dialect.  It's a subject I'm interested in, a fantasy, and still holds historical root.  I could not decide between two theories i predicted to happen, and for once I didn't care when it answered to neither, yet gave a fully descriptive ending.

not poor and I loved the period and language. Not gripping enough, I expected a on the edge of the seat experience and was let down.
Loved the "satan" appearance for a few seconds and how/what he spoke. Funny flying ending though :-\

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2405 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:01 AM »
The Huntsman: Winter's War 2016 - basically a waste of time

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2406 on: May 24, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »
I watched a little CGI version of The Boxcar Children. It was very sweet and totally watchable regardless of the slightly dodgy animating. Suitable for any age group.

7/10
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2407 on: June 01, 2016, 01:59:38 AM »
I have avoided batman vs superman, as I did alien vs predator, Jason vs Freddy(hate obvious winners - Jason doesn't sleep.) And all superman movies, so far I prevail.

The Witch - im not big on horror, I kinda dig thrillers and  " spaghetti gore/horror" I pretty much despise gore movies, no matter if they by chance have a plot...
Although I did like a lot of nineties horror, scream types, summer of Sam, rob zombie flicks.. Most which fall under speghettie horror to me. the classics of horror are a go, scarier than modern movies are my prefered favorite in oldies.  This was none of these really, i read it described as hard to watch, as in, you feel like you shouldnt be watching it.  but I did, and I admit to enjoying the story no matter the graphic content. Usually I love movies that posses the quality to make me feel it's something I shouldn't see... The words should & shouldnt are over used, to say in the slightest..
The filming was very well, actors were very well, and a solid ending with no need of a twist to keep you pondering some of its mysteries well afterward.

The only Versus movies I'll watch usually have Godzilla as the first of the two.  Whatever else is fine with me (Mothra, Rodin, name of weirdly evolved mutant creature here).

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2408 on: June 04, 2016, 09:56:38 AM »
IMDb: 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016)
brutal scenes and a decent film of which i wasn't expecting  :)

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #2409 on: June 04, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »
The Intern (2015): Geez, what a waste of time. It's supposed to be a comedy but I didn't laughed. There isn't a story at all. It's shallow and ridiculous. It's a big bowl of nothing.

Black Mass (2015): I liked it very much. But then I'm a sucker for mob flicks based on true stories. Depp and Edgerton are fantastic.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2410 on: June 05, 2016, 01:35:31 AM »
IMDb: London has fallen (2015)
What can i state about this film ? mind numbingly fun  :)

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #2411 on: June 05, 2016, 11:02:48 AM »
A.C.O.D.-2013 Kinda fun, didnt hate it, not sorry I watched. Thats as good as it gets. Sorry.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2412 on: June 05, 2016, 06:37:02 PM »
Eddie the Eagle: I really enjoyed it but it's kind of a goofy movie.

The Revenant: This movie had me fully engrossed.  I was sitting, so absorbed in it, then I realized Leo hadn't even spoke in over 20 minutes.   The bear scene was pretty wild.
--dweez

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #2413 on: June 19, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »
RIGHT NOW!!! I want someone who lives in or around London to explain to me right now what the story of the

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2054842/Enfield-Poltergeist-The-amazing-story-11-year-old-North-London-girl-levitated-bed.html

is all about!!! Seems like there were an awful lot of eye witnesses on this one.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:40:06 PM by ohcheap1 »

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #2414 on: June 19, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
Eddie the Eagle: I really enjoyed it but it's kind of a goofy movie.

The Revenant: This movie had me fully engrossed.  I was sitting, so absorbed in it, then I realized Leo hadn't even spoke in over 20 minutes.   The bear scene was pretty wild.

I was SO angry that Tom Hardy didnt win for his role. To me his performance was the best of the bunch. I LOVED him in this.