Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 423861 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #2565 on: November 26, 2017, 02:10:29 AM »
GeoStorm (2017) 3/10 IMDb: tt1981128

I genuinely wondered how the Assylum managed to pay for the famous faces on this shitfest of pseudoscience garbage, slightly more cerebral than such unforgettable movies as Sharknado and Sharknado2 (SIC) it contains too many inaccuracies for even the pretty CGI to detract from though I am sure there is enough to keep the idiocracy blissfully happy in their ignorance...

For those with a higher IQ than a glass of water the inaccuracies pile up in an intollerable manner so that you dont even get to exercise your suspension of disbelief before the next pile of badly thought out pseudoscience comes along, it is true this is a roller coaster ride but not in a good way think of that really bad hang over you had and some evil sonofabitch first force feeds you with every greasy thing in the kitchen and then puts you on a roller coaster ride and you are too busy trying not to vomit on yourself to enjoy the ride, for anybody that understands even the most fundamental scientific principles this film is like that....

OK it has a little intrigue, it has conspiracy, it has pretty CGI and it has explosions and some action but all that is lost because you are still reeling from the last pile of pseudoscience garbage...

Spoiler Alert,
Spoiler (hover to show)

I watched this with the family last night and it didn't go down so bad with the young'uns, truth be told. 

Personally, while I could handle the fantasy and average acting, I found it hard to tolerate yet another actor putting on a Canoe Reeves voice (Yes, Jim Sturgess, I'm talking about YOU!).
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2566 on: November 26, 2017, 04:52:36 AM »
GeoStorm (2017) 3/10 IMDb: tt1981128

I genuinely wondered how the Assylum managed to pay for the famous faces on this shitfest of pseudoscience garbage, slightly more cerebral than such unforgettable movies as Sharknado and Sharknado2 (SIC) it contains too many inaccuracies for even the pretty CGI to detract from though I am sure there is enough to keep the idiocracy blissfully happy in their ignorance...

For those with a higher IQ than a glass of water the inaccuracies pile up in an intollerable manner so that you dont even get to exercise your suspension of disbelief before the next pile of badly thought out pseudoscience comes along, it is true this is a roller coaster ride but not in a good way think of that really bad hang over you had and some evil sonofabitch first force feeds you with every greasy thing in the kitchen and then puts you on a roller coaster ride and you are too busy trying not to vomit on yourself to enjoy the ride, for anybody that understands even the most fundamental scientific principles this film is like that....

OK it has a little intrigue, it has conspiracy, it has pretty CGI and it has explosions and some action but all that is lost because you are still reeling from the last pile of pseudoscience garbage...

Spoiler Alert,
Spoiler (hover to show)

Watched it last night as well. Lots of eye rolls through watching this movie, and I really felt the CGI left something to be desired, it appeared very unrealistic throughout most of the movie but the CGI paled in comparison to the poor acting. Or was it the script? Either way, I managed to watch the entire movie and was rather glad to see that no provision was reserved to create a continued franchise out of this movie.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2567 on: December 12, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »
Dunkirk 2017
I so expected more, reminded me of a post/during Noel Coward movie. Beautifully shot,great sound but so lacking. It showed our still upper lip at it greatest.
The ending was pfft.  What a pity

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2568 on: December 13, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »
(some of the) Aerial shots were done over Gosport.

off there soon, did you see any of the shots
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:49:41 AM by goldshirt*9 »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2569 on: December 14, 2017, 02:50:24 PM »
I looked up to see the aeroplanes, yes.

A submarine in the latest Transformers movie was shot in Gosport, too.

Yeah, they need somewhere off the beaten track.

snigger

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2570 on: December 15, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »
star wars: the last Jedi  - Started with a bang and ended with a bang. Startling cgi and a story that is Star Wars. Thoroughly enjoyed

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2571 on: December 15, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
I wanna ask you questions, but I don't.

I had reason to believe I was gonna die around the time awakens came out. Thankfully my doctor stopped that nonsense, but I thought it was gonna be my last movie, and I bless'ed hated it. It was a new hope retrodden.

So I guess my one question is, is it better than JJ Abrams shits on star wars?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2572 on: December 16, 2017, 11:06:47 AM »
Yup. The precise geographical centre of absolutely nowhere.

You never know, one day it might show up on a sat nav somewhere.

It'd be spooky, though.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2573 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:33 PM »
Kingman 2 .... it wasn't terrible

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2574 on: December 19, 2017, 01:05:44 AM »
Smurfs: The Lost Village. (with a six-year-old)

I don't know what to tell you.

"La la la-la la la"?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2575 on: December 21, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »
Popstar never stop stopping.

It was pretty poo. A few of the jokes hit, but the movie didn't really work.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2576 on: December 23, 2017, 05:00:02 AM »
The Foreigner 2017 IMDb: tt1615160 9/10

When I saw that Jackie Chan was in this my expectation was that whilst he is good in comedy and light action movies I didn`t know what to expect from him in a movie like this, I was pleasantly surprised, throughout Jackie Chan delivered the perfect performance as a grieving father with a fixation on bringing the murderers of his daughter to justice...

I heartily recomend this movie, it shows Jackie Chan can do serious acting and has a depth of acting ability I hadn`t thought possible for a glorified stuntman but he has truly acquitted himself very well on screen and proved my previous thoughts erroneous...

I agree, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2577 on: December 29, 2017, 02:02:06 AM »
The Foreigner 2017 IMDb: tt1615160 9/10

When I saw that Jackie Chan was in this my expectation was that whilst he is good in comedy and light action movies I didn`t know what to expect from him in a movie like this, I was pleasantly surprised, throughout Jackie Chan delivered the perfect performance as a grieving father with a fixation on bringing the murderers of his daughter to justice...

I heartily recomend this movie, it shows Jackie Chan can do serious acting and has a depth of acting ability I hadn`t thought possible for a glorified stuntman but he has truly acquitted himself very well on screen and proved my previous thoughts erroneous...
as already stated a great film by all actors. didnt expect what i watched and again i would recommend

Bright 2017 - another film I enjoyed for what it was

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2578 on: December 29, 2017, 05:18:43 AM »
bright in Netflix was pretty good.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2579 on: December 29, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »
Gal Gadot had the vast majority of screen time in The Justice League.

Can't remember that much about the story but somehow I loved it.