Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 423791 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #2640 on: May 27, 2018, 07:11:04 AM »
I saw that Lazer Team 2 was out and after knowing absolutely nothing about (or even the existence of) Lazer Team (1), I set about finding a copy and we all duly watched it.

I actually found it a really decent film with great humour that wasn't spelled out for the less bright, and it has excellent comic timing which improves comedy regardless of the material. The story and FX were pretty decent too.

Not exactly a box office breaker, but damned good fun for a family sit down on a Sunday.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2641 on: May 29, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »
Ok. Made the big mistake of ignoring the reviews and watched A Wrinkle In Tme with the family.

Half the family bailed, one fell asleep and my daughter and myself struggled on which was not a wise thing to do.

It was totally pants.

And then some.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2642 on: June 02, 2018, 04:47:13 PM »
Yeah, the movies community declared that one a stinking turd pre-release.

Oprah can act, but I don't like her, or whoopi. Which is weird because both are fantastic actors, with poo opinions.

Straight outta Compton was on TV, and FX allowed most of the words through, including the police bless'ed and richard sucking.

They were not allowed to say the name of the group, which means NWA is still too hard for TV.

Hell of a legacy, and it riled my mom up something stupid.

That was an interesting dog walk post film.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2643 on: June 03, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »
So we did the Lazer Team 2 thing. It was pretty ok if not a tad adult in parts that was a little out of character for the film overall. Still had plenty of laughs and tomfoolery and certainly not a waste of an hour and a half of our lives.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2644 on: June 04, 2018, 01:26:53 AM »
finished watching Black Panther  was ok

A Quiet Place - enjoyed

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2645 on: June 07, 2018, 02:22:43 AM »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Basically a remake of "The Lost World: Jurassic Park"  still a good watch and a few jumpy moments.
I image a number 3 will appear  :D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2646 on: June 19, 2018, 05:45:58 AM »
I mean, lost world wasn't the coffin nail JP3 was, but a remake doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Gymnastic kicking a 600 pound murder machine doesn't make much sense either, but JP:LW went there.

I was watching a youtube copy of a documentary on "the real sopranos" and it honestly made me feel more contempt for law enforcement than anything else.

To make fake gains, they turn evidence over, just like cop shows, essentially fueling the crime they say they are busting. They're smug as golly about it too, which makes me think they use that smugness to provoke confessions.

But the biggest turn in this documentary, and the biggest win for the cops, was when they pretended to turn in a gambler to the mob who "worked at a cell phone store." They don't really elaborate on this, but it's fully obvious that this is how they got the jersey mob to wire themselves. And yeah, the mutants in Jersey would be that bless'ed stupid.

I thank God my mom was conceived and delivered in PA when Grandpa was still in the army. Because the rest of her family? Jersey damn' stereotypes. Both Uncles do the heavy accent thing, and the one who owned me even looks like gandolfini, the fat golly.

Anyway, the sizzle opener, of mob retards arguing about themselves being portrayed on the show was about 30 seconds long, and the rest of the thing was a true crime waste of time. I wish I watched something else.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2647 on: July 03, 2018, 02:45:27 AM »
Crimson Peak.  That's two hours of my life I won't get back.  Guillermo del Toro.  Gothick romance.   Good sets and costumes.  But melodrama gone wacky.  Ghosts weren't as scary as the actors.  I must say, it was probably fun to play the crazy sister.  I think she had the best role:  menacing and murderous as well as a mean piano player.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2648 on: July 04, 2018, 07:50:26 PM »
Sicario 2. The copy I watched lacked subtitles. Much of the film is in Spanish. Part of the film is in sign. I don't speak Spanish or sign.

Pretty shocking opening, I'll say that. Trump's wet dream, and of course the state department shits the bed.

I guess it's a good movie? the lack of subtitles ruined it for me.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2649 on: July 05, 2018, 09:10:48 PM »
Ok. Made the big mistake of ignoring the reviews and watched A Wrinkle In Tme with the family.

Half the family bailed, one fell asleep and my daughter and myself struggled on which was not a wise thing to do.

It was totally pants.

And then some.

I tried watching it twice and fell asleep both times

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2650 on: July 05, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »
Sicario 2. The copy I watched lacked subtitles. Much of the film is in Spanish. Part of the film is in sign. I don't speak Spanish or sign.

Pretty shocking opening, I'll say that. Trump's wet dream, and of course the state department shits the bed.

I saw this in the movie theater... I dont remember there being subtitles.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2651 on: July 05, 2018, 09:14:32 PM »
I have to admit I probably wont see the latest Jurassic  park. the originals are too firmly stuck in my brain and Chris pratt is eeeh

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2652 on: July 07, 2018, 01:23:15 AM »
I have to admit I probably wont see the latest Jurassic  park. the originals are too firmly stuck in my brain and Chris pratt is eeeh
worth a watch if nothing on the tv.
cannot wait to watch, love a gritty film.

Lately I watched
The Domestics 2018  - weird but watchable.
Entebbe 2018  - waste of time for me

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2653 on: July 07, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
the ant and the wasp... still funny, kept my attention.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #2654 on: July 18, 2018, 08:08:07 PM »
I watched Hostiles.  I cried four times, I'd say we have a winner. 
Reminded me of "The Missing" a bit. 
I thoroughly enjoyed both.