Author Topic: What are you eating / What did you eat.  (Read 68080 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: What are you eating / What did you eat.
« Reply #705 on: May 08, 2024, 07:36:45 AM »
Raspberry buttermilk coffeecake

That sounds lovely

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #706 on: May 08, 2024, 10:14:11 AM »
It is lovely.  Recipe here:  http://www.gourmet.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/recipes/2000s/2009/06/raspberry-buttermilk-cake.html  I add ¼ c brown sugar + ¼ c chopped walnuts & ½ tsp of cinnamon to the top before I put it in the oven.

It works as a nice coffee cake for breakfast or as a nice afternoon snack.  I don't know if you get buttermilk in the U.K.  I suspect that substituting an equal amount of plain yogurt will work as well.

I'm having tea and need to go roll out some scone dough.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #707 on: May 08, 2024, 01:50:19 PM »
I had a salmon Poke bowl from the Asda Panku section. It was damn good and only £6.

Definitely doing that again, sometime.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #708 on: May 10, 2024, 06:15:10 PM »
That sounds really good.  I'm about to go to a party with a big batch of fresh guacamole and some chips.   There will be wine, salad and pizza.  The guac.  was easy to make so I'm looking forward to sitting and relaxing for a while.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #709 on: Today at 01:32:55 AM »
oh man, I feel like a dumbass.

I made enchiladas and I could have just made guac! It was hot today! I even have decent chips!

El Pato has been my go to enchi sauce for a while, their red is divine.

Unfortunately, I went with green. And I didn't strain it, so I got seeds and fibers. No biggie I thought, the sour cream will neutralize that problem.

Reader, it did not neutralize that problem, and now I get to pick at my teeth with dental sticks.

What's even worse is they turned out utterly fantastic, some of the tastiest enchiladas I've made in years.

Well, I've learned my lesson. El Pato for red, Las Palmas for green. (I use their recipe).

The chicken was boring, so I hit it with diced onions and minced garlic. It was still boring, which confused the hell out of me. Onions and garlic fix everything!

I hit that with some tabasco sauce after cutting the heat to the pan. THAT gave it a delightful kick.
I've got a tray of utterly delicious enchiladas that should have a dental warning label.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #710 on: Today at 06:35:49 PM »
El Pato, isn't that "the Duck"?  I'd never heard of it but I'm always looking for good sauces.

I made so much guac that I brought half of it home.  So I've been eating it pretty much every day.  Also, salad.  Just nice vegetable/lettuce salads.  It's been warm outside.  But tonight I might just make something easy, like heat up Indian food.  Pasta with jarred sauce would work, too.