Author Topic: Tattoo required  (Read 7008 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Tattoo required
« on: March 26, 2011, 02:56:16 AM »
as stated i want to get a tattoo on my upper back and left arm.
as i am English i want something related to this.
i have seen saxon designs

but i love the 3 lion passant heraldic design.

with out the red back ground though

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: Tattoo required
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:19 AM »
I would say of the 4 the middle 2 will turn out best. The top one people will say look like intertwining willies. And the bottom would be hard for some tattoo artists to translate properly... but maybe they could..Minus the red, would you leave the other colors the same? Do you have one person you go to? Would it help to consult with them?

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:09:06 AM »
I just flipped through a book of Saxon art, and I didn't see anything better. It had lots of doors, chalices, weapons, grave stones, and armor. Some of it was more simplistic. One was similar to the second one you posted, but looked more like bones. One was similar to the third you posted, but more primitive. Are you going to do a coordinating tattoos between arm and back? The guy who did my piercings is really good, and also does tattoos, I can ask him if he has other sources for Saxon designs. Otherwise.. I'd go with the lion one you're most passionate about for your back, and just get a good artist. Then, maybe do a more simple pattern for the sleeve band.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »
the arm and back would be different not connected.
the 3 lions i would like to do in black and white mainly. NO RED but other than that im not too sure.
ask your friend for me please  ;D

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »
but they'd be connected by theme.. you're doing them both Saxon? I'd still say just commit to the 3 lion passant heraldic design because you're bound and passionate about it. This brooch design is cool. cool to me. it might look too primitive/simplistic for most people.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »
it could be incorporated  ;D

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »
I think I like it because it look like an artifact someone would use in a 'chaiots of the gods' ancient astronauts example :D It reminds me of the cuneiform clay tablet -

http://www.physorg.com/news126183668.html

Are you getting your whole arm done? Something over the top like a sword (or some other weapon) would be cool... It looks really dumb on Brock Lessnar the location he has one.. but, if done right it would/could be cool.

Or, are you just doing a simple band on your arm?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
top of left arm i am aiming at 

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
but they'd be connected by theme.. you're doing them both Saxon? I'd still say just commit to the 3 lion passant heraldic design because you're bound and passionate about it. This brooch design is cool. cool to me. it might look too primitive/simplistic for most people.

No offense, but it looks like crop circles to me.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »
No offense, but it looks like crop circles to me.

lol I know :P That's why I said it looks lke some 'chariots of the gods' ancient astronauts relic. I think it would look good in a tattoo if the colors were reversed. And it's more original then using a patteren as a tribal band. I still think if he's doing something Saxon it should be a sword on his arm... it's a good figurative reference for what Saxons literally believed as important symbolism.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »
I've always wanted a Celctic Cross with an "endless knot" type design for it's innards.
--dweez

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »
if i was any good at design i would attempt something , but i'm not  :D

gives me ideas though

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »
I'm just as bad at "artistic creativity".  I've had this image in my head and all I can do is scour the net looking for the right tattoo, picture, tapestry, sculpture, etc and so for, nada.
--dweez

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 09:47:08 AM »
I used to lurk this site where this guy posted his tat designs.  I can't for the life of me remember what it was so I'll keep looking.  I do remember that he was planning on doing his entire body and that he was anal about how he wanted it done.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »
Is this blacklight tattoo ink for real? :o

If so it would be cool to get one full arm done it it so people can't see it every day. Then get a knife and knife sheath on your upper arm in regualr tattoo ink that is visible. In the day you'd look like a history/weapons/Saxon buff.. then at night in blacklight you'd look like an immortal warrior.