Computer/Technology > Technology

Hieroglyphics

<< < (2/3) > >>

6pairsofshoes:
This might sound crazy but is there any way you can call a human at Samsung and get some help reinstalling the operating system on the phone?  There has to be a way to download or transfer some version from a desktop.

I did find this.  Maybe it will help?  It's for samsung devices.  Apparently doing this will void your warranty, but I take it that this wouldn't be an issue.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/custom-os-repair-full-device-reset/td-p/2664971

8ullfrog:
I'm on bad terms with their support team.

Back when they replaced my 5 with the 7, they sent a phone and no AC adapter.

This was right when they were transitioning from microusb to USB-C, so they kept sending C equipment, and I kept refusing to pay to ship it back.

My CURRENT phone is actually the S20, with a bunch of marketing gibberish behind it.

The samsung fascinate is so far out of warranty it's about to start high school. Mom just wanted a small portable music player, and the fascinate is a 4 inch AMOLED.

6pairsofshoes:
Yeah.  I figured it was an old phone she was using for gaming.  Best to check out that forum post I linked then.  I have no idea if it will help, but maybe?

Let us know if you have any luck with this.

8ullfrog:
sadly, the odin "fix" appears to require the phone to be functional.

One of those "First, be smart from the start" situations.

Fired up my old thunderbolt (my first smartphone)

It works but google says my password is wrong. (it's not)

Man I wish I could kick Tim Google in the richard (I realize Tim Google is not a person)

turns out the Tbolt is the same size as the fascinate. Heavier, which sucks, but I'm not out in the cold.

Has a kickstand too, which I thought was rad when I got it.

6pairsofshoes:
What model are you trying to reinstall the os on?

Most answers I find are for newer model phones and suggest Odin or taking it to a service center, neither of which will work for you.  I can dig around but it would help to know more about the phone and the original version of the narfed os.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version