Author Topic: Local News  (Read 84928 times)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Local News
« Reply #375 on: October 27, 2023, 06:51:48 AM »
Man Flu has appeared  :-[

Sorry to hear that goldie. I've had a head/throat thing for the past week. Nothing too bad but it's been lingering for days which is annoying me to no end.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #376 on: October 27, 2023, 03:27:54 PM »
Feeling ill is just the norm for me. If I woke up not feeling ill, I'd think something was wrong.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #377 on: October 28, 2023, 02:05:08 AM »
Feeling ill is just the norm for me. If I woke up not feeling ill, I'd think something was wrong.

Having that a singular illness and  then anything you have had wrong with your body joins in throwing crap at you  :'( :'(.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 02:07:00 AM by goldshirt*9 »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #378 on: October 28, 2023, 08:45:10 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you are unwell, smokes.  I hope the docs can get to the bottom of the cause and help to turn things around for you.  Feel better, goldie.

I'm looking forward to the Covid booster jab, as it's the last one I need to be current with all the innoculations.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2023, 01:05:41 AM »
ouch

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2023, 02:10:00 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you are unwell, smokes.  I hope the docs can get to the bottom of the cause and help to turn things around for you.

It's the fountain of youth that I need. That or morphine.

Late news from w/c 09/10/23:

Bad week: trod on my belt buckle on Monday, and got half an inch of brass embedded in my heel (the curved bit in the picture)

- pulling the brass bit out of my foot (while hopping on the other one) I have sprained my back. Badly. It was quite a strenuous pull, as it was curved, and it hurt like a hurty thing.

(Stop laughing at the back)

Today slammed my thumb in the Mondeo door, and it still hasn't stopped bleeding

(You - yes you - I said stop laughing!)

(I really hope I have used up my bad luck before Friday 13th! - ASDA is running out of Paracetamol)

I thought this pertained to you, but then I read the word "Mondeo". What gives?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #381 on: October 30, 2023, 06:19:33 AM »
SWMBO has a Mondeo. (One doesn't shut ones digits in a Jaguar door!)

Yes, I already knew that as I'd read all about it on your Jag forum. Just playing with you.

Still trying to find the sympathy over there, though.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2023, 03:35:51 PM »
You are on my Jag Forum? Well, who'd'a thought it. You may have noticed that their software doesn't allow self-deleting posts, irritatingly.

You are right - there was a staggering lack of sympathy! (Not that I deserve any, to be honest)

It's the car that I follow. All that horsepower!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2023, 07:54:39 AM »
So the unicorn has a stalker!

True to form, due to my usual fear of being left out, yesterday I decided to put a knife right down to the bone of my right thumb. Lots and lots of blood over my client's kitchen. Not good.

Here's a thing: I got home and phoned my wife and told her I'd have to make my way to A&E and will probably get back a week on Thursday if it's quiet. She called back a few minutes later and said her manager has suggested I go there (she works a vets). I did as it's a relatively short walk and a very nice young lady cleaned the wound and glued it together to see if would hold without stitches.

It did and here typing without bleeding!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2023, 11:58:22 AM »
Foot injuries are especially nasty. I once had a tooth punched out, and it hurt less than when I broke some bones in my foot.

I imagine it's a nerve thing, feet are full of them. I will say that it is important to stay on top of a foot injury, as it can lead to many poor outcomes if one is not vigilant.

I have stepped on many a tack, and it never becomes pleasant.

My mom used to have me lift her up to help with back pain, but one day there was a crunch. Broken ribs are annoyingly difficult to manage.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 12:00:15 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2023, 02:26:40 PM »
That'll teach you not to laugh at your elders!

If only I knew a vet. I got three different levels of NHS person (none of which appeared to the untrained eye to be medically qualified) to glue my thumb back together. On the upside I was home after less than three hours.

PS: Of my two injuries (foot and thumb) the foot hurt considerably more, even though the thumb bled (a lot) more. As in several orders of magnitude.

... but the back is still giving me a really hard time after three weeks, after both of the actual injuries have fully healed. I think I may have cracked ribs.

3 hours! How many people live in your village?

Yes, I called it a village.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2023, 08:24:35 AM »
That'll teach you not to laugh at your elders!

If only I knew a vet. I got three different levels of NHS person (none of which appeared to the untrained eye to be medically qualified) to glue my thumb back together. On the upside I was home after less than three hours.

A quality product, my left ear has been glued back on a few times. Always tender wearing glasses now though.
Backs are a sod to clear up, stretch mine everyday after a rotary tear to a muscle years ago. Did purchase a back support years ago that had magnets in, weirdly they increased heat on the side that I pulled the muscle and still does the same thing today, Best £5 spent.
Cuts and metal slinters are an everyday happening where I work   :o

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #387 on: November 30, 2023, 10:14:11 AM »
Lambeth council are such thieves. I got a parking ticket yesterday when I correctly made out day permit was in the window. The warden photographed my vehicle illegally parked, but conveniently took the shots so the permit couldn't be seen.

It looks like I can't prove otherwise so I'll have to pay the £65 and hope I meet that politician in hell where I can pay him back with interest.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #388 on: December 01, 2023, 03:18:21 AM »
Lambeth council are such thieves. I got a parking ticket yesterday when I correctly made out day permit was in the window. The warden photographed my vehicle illegally parked, but conveniently took the shots so the permit couldn't be seen.

It looks like I can't prove otherwise so I'll have to pay the £65 and hope I meet that politician in hell where I can pay him back with interest.

can you not appeal and state that the photo of the screen is misleading

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #389 on: December 01, 2023, 11:15:35 AM »

That's just wrong.  I'd keep complaining and appeal.  And produce a photo of your own clearly showing the permit on the dashboard (or wherever it was supposed to be).  The fact that you had a permit that the guy couldn't be bothered to photograph is a reasonable point of contention.  If nothing else, the fact that the warden isn't doing his job thoroughly should be hammered home.