Author Topic: Local News  (Read 84879 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Local News
« Reply #390 on: December 01, 2023, 11:20:48 AM »
can you not appeal and state that the photo of the screen is misleading

I immediately contested it, but just having the permit doesn't mean anything as they'd say I scratched that out after the infringement - and staged any photos afterwards.

Interestingly, there are no photos available any longer for the PCN. I think there might be something happening, but knowing Lambeth, it's just all part of their masterplan. They really are absolute thieves.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #391 on: December 01, 2023, 06:10:07 PM »
Is this something that would come up before a judge?  Or are you dealing with heartless bureaucrats?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #392 on: December 03, 2023, 05:48:31 AM »
Is this something that would come up before a judge?  Or are you dealing with heartless bureaucrats?

It's a tribunal and I have beaten Lambeth before. The main issue is that for the 2 weeks following the infringement, the fine is halved (£65 instead of £130). If you battle it out and lose, then you invariably have gone over that 2 week period and so you are twice as much out of pocket. If you pay the £65 early on, it's seen as an admission of guilt and it's harder to contest.

Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and pay, regardless of the injustice, just to limit the damage.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #393 on: December 03, 2023, 11:25:14 AM »
That's messed up.  I don't know what I'd do in your case.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #394 on: December 05, 2023, 04:08:55 AM »
Nearly a week after this infringement and the photos are still not available.

I would say that Lambeth are in complete breach of their own procedures, but I'm not sure that matters or not. I have no way of formulating a case without access to all the evidence, but I would also bet that I lose this case and end up paying £130 or more.

I feel I mustn't gripe considering the plight of those around the world in desperate situations.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2023, 02:50:47 AM »
Lambeth uploaded more images after the discounted period had ended, and they have literally photoshopped out the permit that I had displayed. Absolutely unbelievable! Now I have to pay £130 like I imagined.

Should I have just paid the £65 when it was in the discounted period? I know now the answer to that question was "yes".

Bastards!!!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2023, 05:06:13 AM »
thieving gits.
send a nasty email with the bill payment

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2023, 08:53:42 AM »
Can TNG investigate the images to verify the photoshopping?  I'm wondering if there are local news outlets that might like to shame the local government with an exposé of this underhanded practice?  That's beyond unethical, it's fraud.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2023, 11:03:11 PM »
Can TNG investigate the images to verify the photoshopping?  I'm wondering if there are local news outlets that might like to shame the local government with an exposé of this underhanded practice?  That's beyond unethical, it's fraud.

I would say there are definitely people who love you UOT local gov

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2023, 03:33:08 AM »
send a nasty email with the bill payment

I wrote an email replying to the address from the PCN challenge (they don't like being contacted and often won't reveal contact options) saying it was my belief something was off with the images (and possible some other comments .. 'cough'). Apart from the fact that 5 out of 7 were not related to the cab where the permit was clearly visible (he obviously was impressed by my signage), the 2 that were of the cab weren't close ups and the resolution was atrocious. However, there is good news: I received an email back saying;

I am writing to inform you that this Penalty Charge Notice has been cancelled due to an administrative error during the
issuance of this Penalty Charge Notice. No payment is due and the case is now closed.

TNG is still going to examine those photos .. and they are STILL bastards.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2023, 06:26:21 AM »
Well, that's a relief.  I'd still be fuming in your situation, but at least you can use the money to more productive ends.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2023, 10:21:15 AM »
I am writing to inform you that this Penalty Charge Notice has been cancelled due to an administrative error during the issuance of this Penalty Charge Notice. No payment is due and the case is now closed.

Wow, they get to just sweep it all under the rug by blaming the gov't machine. Glad it has worked out for your smokester but all the freakin' poo they put you through makes me feel like they should pay you.
--dweez

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2023, 11:05:56 PM »
Any wins a win

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2023, 06:33:39 AM »
A traffic warden I know in my borough (Wandsworth), told me that Lambeth are skint and issue PCNs they know are in error in the hope that they aren't challenged. This PCN took it to another level, though.

I am still shell shocked that the permit is not in the shots. I'm even starting to believe that I may have left the door unlocked and the warden opened and and took the permit off the dash, then took the photos, and then reversed his action and issued the PCN. That is nearly the only other option other than the images being edited. I was with my work colleague who actually spotted the PCN under the wiper on the passenger side, and he could obviously see the permit on the dash too which rules that only other option that is that I am absolutely bonkers.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #404 on: December 17, 2023, 06:55:16 PM »
A pain that it is, take a photo of your screen when you park