Author Topic: Local News  (Read 84929 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Local News
« Reply #405 on: December 18, 2023, 07:25:50 AM »
This, of course, wouldn't work as the council would claim it was a photoshop.
They could do, but if you scroll the photo upwards all the info stating where / when the picture was taken is visible ( I'm sure photoshop hasn't the ability alter this, but please prove me wrong)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #406 on: December 18, 2023, 09:17:25 AM »

Perhaps if you sent them an email WHEN you first parked with the image of the permit on the dashboard, that would work, since it would be hard for them to argue with a date stamped email.  You could produce it later if necessary.  It's idiotic that they are resorting to this and it seems ripe for a news exposé.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #407 on: December 18, 2023, 01:32:11 PM »

They wouldn't even need to do that. They'd just say you scratched out the permit and took the photo after the infringement and then altered the time (which isn't hard, eh). That's why I didn't bother taking my own shots.

In their defence, if they did accept it, everyone would do the above when they got a legit PCN.

Perhaps if you sent them an email WHEN you first parked with the image of the permit on the dashboard, that would work, since it would be hard for them to argue with a date stamped email.  You could produce it later if necessary.  It's idiotic that they are resorting to this and it seems ripe for a news exposé.

Parking divisions of councils (and private parking enforcement companies) don't have email, phone numbers or chat bots. You have to pay or challenge it.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #408 on: December 19, 2023, 07:19:10 AM »
Basically your Fkd.
Video came up on youtube ref London and pay for mile scheme that Sadiq Khan stated he knew nothing about, although a council in london had approached a company about buying the technology.
 :( :(

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #409 on: December 19, 2023, 02:18:03 PM »
Just for the record, this is how I left the vehicle (that is the actual permit):

And this is the shot they took:

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2023, 08:21:58 AM »
which shows the permit ? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #411 on: December 23, 2023, 11:24:12 PM »
Well first casualty of the XMAS period, As the wife is working most of Xmas she decided we would visit the local hostelry for a couple of beers.
So her friend turned up ( having just lost her husband to the big C) and the wine flowed in their glasses.
Needless to say the fresh air sniper targeted her on the way home.
Staggered home between myself and number one son.  :o :o
NOT a pretty sight on the RING door bell.  :) :)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2023, 07:11:50 AM »
Well first casualty of the XMAS period, As the wife is working most of Xmas she decided we would visit the local hostelry for a couple of beers.
So her friend turned up ( having just lost her husband to the big C) and the wine flowed in their glasses.
Needless to say the fresh air sniper targeted her on the way home.
Staggered home between myself and number one son.  :o :o
NOT a pretty sight on the RING door bell.  :) :)

Ahh, the fresh air sniper, eh. That bugger never fails to hit the target.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2023, 10:08:49 PM »
With the storms hitting the UK, must grumble as only the back fence has been demolished. A bit like my bank balance to repair it  >:(

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2023, 03:07:23 AM »
With the storms hitting the UK, must grumble as only the back fence has been demolished. A bit like my bank balance to repair it  >:(

Apparently there's a tornado in Greater Manchester. Lucky the immovable object came home for Christmas as that could have been ugly. 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #415 on: January 03, 2024, 07:43:29 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67865327

Made me laugh at first but then it became little creepy. Suppose we have to police everything

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #416 on: January 03, 2024, 03:29:10 PM »
I remember when some magazine was pushing second life and their "virtual" conference was crashed with dildo copters. One wonders how the reporting victim would have reacted to that.

Same time, I remember Strange Days, and the creepy, greasy voyeurism and Ralph Feines playing a "memory dealer". The dark end of poo is inevitable with this tech, and the alternative is the legless metaverse.

As to being behind on the technology, be glad for that.

A fallout mod was disrupted by a diaperfur being part of the project and implying they "hid" something bad in the mod. I honestly don't want to know what the skunk hid, but I know for damn sure I wouldn't install a mod that implies a hidden payload.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2024, 08:12:50 AM »
I'm a little behind on the technology but for a virtual sexual assault to occur, doesn't someone have to have coded the ability to perform a virtual sexual assault? And if they did, what the ... were they thinking as they coded it?

Agree but that's beyond me. :-\  Did read once that a women filed for divorce from her husband as he had a virtual affair online  :-\ :-\.
With social medial comments being used in court and such then what will happen next . virtual prisons ???

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2024, 04:51:28 PM »
I remember when some magazine was pushing second life and their "virtual" conference was crashed with dildo copters. One wonders how the reporting victim would have reacted to that.

Same time, I remember Strange Days, and the creepy, greasy voyeurism and Ralph Feines playing a "memory dealer". The dark end of poo is inevitable with this tech, and the alternative is the legless metaverse.

As to being behind on the technology, be glad for that.

A fallout mod was disrupted by a diaperfur being part of the project and implying they "hid" something bad in the mod. I honestly don't want to know what the skunk hid, but I know for damn sure I wouldn't install a mod that implies a hidden payload.

I don't know why but I loved that movie.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2024, 08:17:41 AM »
National / world wide news
Epstein papers , no surprise there