Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 434586 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #495 on: May 02, 2010, 07:26:23 AM »
I'm thinking about beer.

That's novel eh?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #496 on: May 02, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
I want beer too,wish i had more money. :(

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #497 on: May 02, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
A nice beer would be favorite right now.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #498 on: May 02, 2010, 11:36:16 AM »
I have spliff WOOHOO!

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #499 on: May 02, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »
British Petroleum.
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #500 on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »
Laama needs to get out of Finland. ;D

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #501 on: May 03, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »
Yes he does.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #502 on: May 03, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
I hope that joker Brown doesn't get re elected on 6th.
  God help us if the Tories get power again.

Offline AlienBC

• Chief Sig Designer
  • Cro-Magnon
  • VIA
« Reply #503 on: May 03, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »
I'm thinking kill the idiots the stole the copper wiring from our sub station last night and left us with no electricity until 10 mins ago.    That no power from 3:00 untill 20:50 with no hot drinks food heating and worst no frigging internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #504 on: May 03, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »
Hey,, golly food and drinks,, got to have the interwebs!!!

Im thinking that some stock holders threw a fit and caused 90 of us to be laid off today.
 I got tired of the 12 to 14 hour shifts they were doing to save money anyway.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #505 on: May 04, 2010, 06:16:27 AM »
I hate capitalism.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #506 on: May 04, 2010, 06:45:36 AM »
I hate capitalism.

That's weird ??? .. I had something really specific to post to you along those lines.. now I've forgotten it ??? I don't think I dreamt it.. I think it's a news story I hear yesterday... I'll remember it soon and hunt it down, oand post it. I just need to wake up first ;)

I can't find it, I'll keep looking :(

Anyway.. it was bascially about how South Korea has such a high suicide rate.. and they were attributing it to the idea that there's a big push in South Korea for people to own things, and attain things. Where.. you think it would be flipped and Noth Korea would have a high suicide rate because people are starving, and becoming more aware of what they 'don't have'. But, instead the whole idea of consumerism and capitalism, and the failure to be a success in that environment is what makes people feeel like fialures, and isolated. But.. if you're poor (hungry even), but have a stake in something bigger, like a feeling of nationalism..  then you're less likely to be suicidal.

It's an interesting point. A good point in the right hands. ..or, a bad point in the wrong hands..

Either way.. it does show the push to attain and amass things and money is pretty unhealthy and sad for the general population who never has a chance to achieve it, but are living in a place that places high value on it.

If I find the story, I'll post it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:02:58 AM by Skadi »

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #507 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »
You know Skadi, that could also just be propaganda from North Korea too and the real reason for the suicides could be what you thought, "because people are starving, and becoming more aware of what they 'don't have'."
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #508 on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »
You know Skadi, that could also just be propaganda from North Korea too and the real reason for the suicides could be what you thought, "because people are starving, and becoming more aware of what they 'don't have'."

That was sort of the point also.. it's a fine line. And that's why I mentioned in the wrong hands.. that info could be used badly. And. one of the points of the whole story was that if people in North Korea 'catch on' fully.. then, they'll be soul sick that they're devoted their whole life to an ideology that wasn't real.. or.. not so much real.. as, they were being used as pawns... if their 'nationalism' for example were to be ripped asunder.. They'd feel a depression in a different way. But for now that sense of unity keeps them going. But.. apparently the way we head mess ourselves does have an outcome when considering suicide rates.

None the less it was interesting. It showed two side by side countries.. where.. there were great amounts of poverty.. and two different ideologies. Either way isn't good. It's not good to feel pushed for something you can never reach. And, it doesn't feel good not to be allowed to either.

...or, North Korea could be covering up their suicide rates, and making them appear low.. Either way.. it's all sad.

^ and, the whole thing was an authors opinion.. and point of view.. He's a writer who lives in South Korea.. and is personally observing peoples angst and frustration of being pushed to gain wealth and objects, and not having the means to do it...

So, neither way is a good way to mind mess yourself.. but, appartenly for some people not feeling isolated and not feeling futile makes them feel less lonely.. and less of a falure. Which makes sense.. because they're the power that have been frustrating humanity for aeons. So, it's no new news.. It was just interesting to see a stroy develop in sided by side countries who have different ideals.

I still can't find the story :(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:11:55 AM by Skadi »

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #509 on: May 04, 2010, 08:32:59 AM »

ideally people should be able to have choice in life, and access t information.. but not feel pressured to 'buy' and own so much useless stuff to feel important. It seems it's hard for some people, and some countries to ever figure that out. Or.. they have figured it out.. And if that's the case. then we're all just big cogs and pawns.