Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 434674 times)

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #1905 on: April 14, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
My back is really hurting today, maybe the rain? I've been strictly following my restrictions and exercises and had three spasms today anyway.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #1906 on: April 14, 2013, 10:18:38 PM »
He's a full timer in the D IRC channel (like myself).  I can't say for sure, but I think he checks the fora more often than he posts.
--dweez

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #1907 on: April 14, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
Why has dandrummerman been away for so long?  And will he hang around longer this time?  He's been missed.

I'm thinking the same thing about aelthric. I have three means of contacting him but haven't heard a peep.
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #1908 on: April 15, 2013, 07:25:40 AM »
aelthric popped into IRC yesterday so he's still alive.
--dweez

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #1909 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
^ That's good to know.  :)
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1910 on: April 15, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
I lived in the Boston area for around a decade and still feel at home in that city.  I'm saddened and disgusted by the bombing of the Marathon.  I still remember watching it live and cheering the competitors as they neared the finish.  What a sucky thing to do to these people who worked so hard to pursue that arduous course and those who were there to cheer them on.

On days like this, I think about going to live on a mountaintop somewhere far away from everybody else.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1911 on: April 15, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
I lived in the Boston area for around a decade and still feel at home in that city.  I'm saddened and disgusted by the bombing of the Marathon.  I still remember watching it live and cheering the competitors as they neared the finish.  What a sucky thing to do to these people who worked so hard to pursue that arduous course and those who were there to cheer them on.

On days like this, I think about going to live on a mountaintop somewhere far away from everybody else.

It's hard to believe, and almost a relief, that only a few people died.  I say "almost a relief" as it is the wrong emotion to have when people are senselessly killed in this way. 

I'd almost forgotten the sense of dread I've had most of my life due to the IRA, but this brings it back with a vengeance.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #1912 on: April 15, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
Boston. bless'ed horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will." ----Patton Oswalt

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1913 on: April 16, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
 ::) have just seen this story, so sad indeed.My heart felt emotions go out to anyone who was there.
To target anyone is terrible but to target a voluntary event, and for many a chance to raise money for charity is terrible.
Who ever did this knew what they were doing, A second explosion 10 sec after the first when people are panicking and running for cover hopefully will give the authorities some idea of who or what group of people favour this style of attack.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #1914 on: April 16, 2013, 08:20:59 AM »
And a third meant to go off, but found early enough...

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1915 on: April 17, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
The third thing was not an explosive device.  Sadly, the two that went off appear to have been the only ones.   The person who did this had to have had some practice, based on the fragments of the IED found thus far.

I'm thinking I'm not really awake yet and I need more tea.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #1916 on: April 17, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
My mouth hurts. Just got fillings.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #1917 on: April 17, 2013, 03:37:50 PM »
My mouth hurts. Just got fillings.

What a horrible thing the dentist!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1918 on: April 18, 2013, 12:58:57 AM »
ouch I feel for your numbness

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #1919 on: April 18, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
Thank you. It wasn't as bad as its been in the past. Only hurt a little. And I slept through most of the pain afterward.