Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 434675 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #2625 on: March 20, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
Rage. Best buy has been holding my refund since the 16th. First the guy at the counter said 2-3 days, and I thought that sucked.

I checked today, and it still hadn't gone back, so I called them. The woman I spoke with had the cadence of darth vader, and totally didn't care. She blamed my bank and said it takes five business days.

I feel like knocking over their curved tv's, but I know I'd mess up, get caught, and go to jail.

What annoys me is that it doesn't take 5 days for the bank to issue the funds to them.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline PsPBuRnOuT

• Cro-Magnon
  • For My Joanne Always & Forever In Our Hearts xx
« Reply #2626 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:37 PM »
Rage. Best buy has been holding my refund since the 16th. First the guy at the counter said 2-3 days, and I thought that sucked.

I checked today, and it still hadn't gone back, so I called them. The woman I spoke with had the cadence of darth vader, and totally didn't care. She blamed my bank and said it takes five business days.

I feel like knocking over their curved tv's, but I know I'd mess up, get caught, and go to jail.

Well She Is Wrong, It's Actually Between 3-5 Days.
In Truth Ok Taking Your Money, But Returning It Forget About .
Always Takes Longer Then They Actually Tell You.

For Mum R.I.P.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #2627 on: March 20, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
Best Buy sucks. I had a run in with the rip-off-squad and wanted to super glue the entrance way locks but even back then they had surveillance cameras.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2628 on: March 20, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
I'm not a big fan.  I go there once in a while, but this is one of the worst named businesses (they are so often NOT the best buy).

Here's an idea for a prank that may amuse you.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #2629 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:30 AM »
Good one 6. 80 people "check every bag and purse". richard heads.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2630 on: March 21, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »
"Kack-ee pants"? Sounds like a toilet mishap.

Car-key people, car-key.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2631 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
I was wearing a blue golf shirt and khakis one day unintentionally and I had to go to a Staple's.  They evidently have the same "uniform" as I got asked questions by about 5 different people in the 20 minutes I was there.  Being the nice guy I am, I helped them out as much as I could. :-D
--dweez

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2632 on: March 22, 2017, 02:03:23 AM »
You most likely gave them better information than they would have received from a store employee.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2633 on: March 23, 2017, 01:03:11 PM »
All is calmer in London

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2634 on: March 23, 2017, 03:01:45 PM »
I was wearing a blue golf shirt and khakis one day unintentionally and I had to go to a Staple's.  They evidently have the same "uniform" as I got asked questions by about 5 different people in the 20 minutes I was there.  Being the nice guy I am, I helped them out as much as I could. :-D

You just keep on giving, dweez.

All is calmer in London

There's a candlelight vigil in Trafalgar square this evening. Admirable as that might be, I would have suggested a park, all things considered.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2635 on: March 24, 2017, 03:41:02 AM »
On behalf of America, I apologize for the nutter in the White House.  I'm still scratching my head about the whole business.  He's not a rational man, but a demagogue who panders to the worst instincts in his people. 

There's no question that there is a degree of anti Islamic hysteria related to  the reaction to the acts of the deranged man who attacked people on the Westminster Bridge, and if our leaders were working for ISIS, they couldn't be more accommodating in terms of the amount of attention they are providing the organization.  As for brown skins invading and undermining our security via our neighbors to the south?  I was at a concert south of San Francisco and a man, clearly of hispanic origin, was wearing a t-shirt that said, "I may look illegal but I'm not."  On the back it said, "we didn't move, the border did."  I write to you from the former Vice Royalty of New Spain where English only superseded Spanish as the dominant language in the 19th century.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:38:33 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2636 on: March 24, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
In 1996 half of Manchester was obliterated by an IRA bomb. No-one talked about banning the Irish, or withdrawing travel rights for Catholics. We, in the great British tradition, moved from "uninterested" to "slightly miffed".

In 2017 a nutter drives his car through a crowd of pedestrians and stabs a policeman and we are reacting like it is the blitz all over again: Farridge/ POTUS and their merry men are calling for the drawbridge to be pulled up and anyone brown to be exported to the gulags; even the grown-ups are holding a minute's silence and a candlelit vigil. This idiot wanted to become famous posthumously and we are pandering to him. If this bloke was white and holding a "Justice 4 Fathers" banner it would have been another incident in Britain's daily life - a few minutes at the end of the 6 o'clock news in England, and no global reporting at all.

If these things were in proportion Remembrance Sunday should have a million-minute silence.

To be honest, here in London there is hardly any debate on the events of this week. It seems to be commented on when there is nothing much left to say in a conversation, and even then it's usually "that was awful the other day, wasn't it" sort of thing. In fact, what is more talked about is the indifference we have now to these acts.

There's no doubt that the media can't comment enough and are finding new angles to report by the minute. But perhaps that's their job to do whether you care to listen, watch or read the commentary.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2637 on: April 15, 2017, 01:27:50 AM »
with America using the MOA bombs and North Korea threatening nuclear retaliation if the USA takes any provocative action near them, death by car/lorry being the "isis in thing". I'm glad i'm off to peaceful Wales for a week.
By the time I come home it may be like a episode of the walking dead.

Come on world get a grip  8)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2638 on: April 27, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »
How in the golly are they going to get away with a 7 episode season of thrones? Everyone knows the crazy poo goes down in episode 9, and ramps up in 10!

Oh well, I'm all caught up now. Lady Mormont may be even more badass than brienne!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2639 on: April 28, 2017, 05:44:08 PM »
I'm thinking it wasn't such a good idea to have gone out for a Thai and a few beers.

Nice idea at the time, but I ain't feeling so hot now.