General Category > TV / Movies

TV WTF

(1/16) > >>

6pairsofshoes:
Ever watch a tv series and wonder "what were they thinking?" because it's just so bad, it's hard to wrap your brain around how somebody could have thought a) this is entertaining b) this will make money c) this won't suck.  Then you think, "MAKE IT STOP!" because it's so awful.

This thread is dedicated to those real trainwrecks of tv shows.  Maybe they got yanked after one airing, or they managed to squeak through a whole season.

Here's one that I always thought was simply terrible:  The New Zoo Review.  A terrible tv show for children with adults wearing godawful animal costumes and speaking in high falsettos.  The two normal people are real tools to boot.  I'm appending a clip of the intro.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJQ6G7Z_II
Got any other exhibits you care to share?

xtopave:
Barney & Friends was insufferable!!
My daughter liked it though. Intolerable show, imo.

Beatrix:
Especially with the children's shows!~ ::)
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os-CACRwM8

SACPOP:
TBQH, I wouldn't be able to tell the good kid's shows from the bad ones. I always thought kid's shows were supposed to be bad and not make much sense, basically appealing to their main demo - children and potheads.

This is a pretty well known TV WTF that happened in the states:

Not a valid youtube URL

Beatrix:
NOt entirely true.  There are good kid shows...
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmysCMNtcw//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHwAxo__h4k
Then there are ones you are not so sure how you feel about..
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4MNu6W9sgI feel a little better about Cayou
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKADapAQ9sA
thennnn there is the whole movie problem,
Some are good, good ideas like Horton Hears a Who.
Then there are ones you think will be good, but turns into something you are unsure of.  Like for instance Lilo and Stitch.  Put it in, five minutes in Lilo punches another little kid in the face.  Gotta watch that when it's the first time a kid's ever seen anything like that.  I was watching it first, to see, I usually do that.  They just walk away when I put in new movies, mostly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version