General Category > TV / Movies

What's your favourite TV program of the moment?

<< < (420/421) > >>

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: christ on March 08, 2024, 01:32:40 PM ---I enjoyed the book when I was younger, but I can't be doing with this new-fangled bowing at the altar of multi-culture. All of the pre-match publicity about how the new version is less euro-centric - and less "white hero" - rather disturbs me, as the whole point of the story (and the actual historical events) was that the white guy made a huge impact on the locals. If they had wanted to make a story about Japanese history, then they should have chosen a different book to adapt.

... but I haven't watched - and likely won't watch - the new version, so I may be completely wrong.

--- End quote ---

ATM the white guy bumbles along nicely, having no idea what is happening.

6pairsofshoes:
We are watching Mandy with Diane Morgan.  She's really willing to make herself look ridiculous for a laugh and largely succeeds.  There's a good supporting cast, too with occasional visits from some other serious actors -- BBC series regulars.  It's pretty entertaining.

goldshirt*9:
Finished watching Shogun
 Hope there isn't a second season.

goldshirt*9:
Started watching "3 Body Problem" via a recommendation.
Never read or heard of the book prior to the TV series, Created by: David Benioff; D. B. Weiss; Alexander Woo,
so a reputable history.
First episode left me dumfounded as to what is going on, which I love.

goldshirt*9:
So switching between above 3 body problem at work and Outer range at home.

I dont know which is the more confusing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version