Author Topic: What is/was on the menu tonight.  (Read 119754 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: What is/was on the menu tonight.
« Reply #660 on: May 16, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »
Chicken grilled on the George Foreman grill with brown & wild rice, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #661 on: May 19, 2016, 12:28:31 AM »
That sounds pretty good, brick.  Is the grill easy to clean?  I was wondering if the cooking surfaces came off for cleaning.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #662 on: May 19, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »
I'm pretty much dal and rice every night at the moment.  I'm addicted.

It's made all the better now I have an abundance of Naga sauce.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #663 on: May 20, 2016, 08:52:38 AM »
That sounds pretty good, brick.  Is the grill easy to clean?  I was wondering if the cooking surfaces came off for cleaning.

Yeah, they snap right off with a couple clips. They're dishwasher safe too. I just wash the Teflon plates in the sink.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #664 on: May 20, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »
I found one of those at goodwill today and thought my long process of having to clean the grill before eating was over!

But the bottom of the grill was cracked, exposing wires.

Thus, the nightmare continues.

I want a carne asada burrito, will probably settle for grilled cheese sandwich.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #665 on: May 20, 2016, 07:59:27 PM »
Geez, if it wasn't for bad luck...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #666 on: May 21, 2016, 06:48:07 AM »
Meh, the foreman grill I have now is perfectly fine, but if I ever find one of those again I will snap it up.

Wish I could get them to rotate out the cd's, they've had the same set. It's not so bad as "bank of america christmas 1998" but selection isn't that good either. Don't even know how to word such a request.

I did end up using the foreman last night for dinner, had a little bit of meat left so upgraded from grilled cheese sandwich to cheeseburger.

Living for that carne asada burrito though...

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #667 on: May 21, 2016, 02:48:45 PM »
I made Pizza with crayfish tails and ate too much of them, of course.

Now I feel sick.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #668 on: May 21, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
Not gonna lie, tonight was a new low.

Still want that burrito, even have the cash for it, just not up for the walk. I do about half the walk any time I need soda, but that second half just kills.

So I ate two chocolate pudding cups, a fruit cup, and some peanuts. If I can't work up the energy to boil up ramen, I need to talk to the psych. I feel worse on the higher dose. And I used to invent new foods when blind drunk.

I damn hate psych meds.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #669 on: May 22, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »
Is there a way to step back the dosage on the meds?  It sounds like it's having negative side effects if it's keeping you from taking short walks or cooking for yourself.

Sorry to hear about the pudding cups.  That sounds nasty.  I had old European style black bread with old spreadable cheese for lunch.  Now I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach.  I have a 4 hour final exam tomorrow night and I'm too stressed to cook and clearly need to get that old food outta the fridge.  Yuck.

I do miss your descriptions of new recipes on here.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #670 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:11 PM »
I got my burrito today, it was an odd experience. First, he asked if I wanted "the works" on it. I'm not familiar with "the works" but I trust the dude, so I said sure. We watched lady gaga kill some people while he cooked it, he's like a freaking machine! Last time I phoned an order in he said ten minutes, paused, said, nah, I can get that done in six. And he was right.

Sure enough, it was a new high. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the flavors were popping. Onions were on deck, tomatoes were bursting with flavor, the avocado was sublime, and the cheddar was sharp. There were a few flavors I wasn't sure on but figure were part of the works. Apparently he doesn't use cillantro [thank god].

So it was too good. I was expecting hole in the wall burnt steak and some sort of green sauce, and instead found a moment of nirvana. How the golly can I be dissappointed when the food was BETTER than expected?

Either way I've had three dinners from there, so I've got enough material for a yelp review, now I have to guess my damn password to yelp.  :P

Saw Dr. Bro today, he was super cool, he managed to pull my blood panels because he was concerned too, but he said I'm doing surprisingly good. He thinks I just need to find something. We talked about it, and I really did just give up around 2010 and I've just kinda been ghosting. He also said in 30 years he's never heard of this psychiatric probation, and he wants to light in on the cop who pulled that poo, but I need to find the incedent report to do it, but I'm in carne coma mode right now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:23:58 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #671 on: May 30, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
Guess i felt like cooking tonight.  I did potatoes O'Brien and added eggs, Took some shrimp ramen made it al dente and added butter fried broccoli & a pepper carrot stir fry mix.  Also made biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, both from flour scratch and some jello..
Hey 8ully.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #672 on: June 04, 2016, 09:34:35 PM »
McD's. Ugh. I used to get hit with McD craving once or twice a year, but I think this last meal has cured it. Realize now it's their onion mash and high level of sugar.

I've been focus grouping burger joints. Once I've hit all the spots in town, budget and health permitting, I'll post the results, but I can say so far McD is bottom of list, and their fries are especially horrid.

And this is a new McD's who have gone through the home office corporate brainwashing. So this is how the food is supposed to taste.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2016, 01:50:19 AM »
Their food is terrible.  I made the mistake of ordering a fish sandwich from their dollar menu about 5 years ago.  It was really late in the afternoon and I had not yet eaten lunch.  The sandwich was just awful.  They should have paid ME a dollar to eat it.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #674 on: August 20, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
Pizza, it actually arrived hot this time. \o/