Site Related > Site Suggestions

How about larger avatars?

<< < (3/4) > >>

6pairsofshoes:
Bigger than non existent would be good for me.

I deleted the blurry photobucket one.  Then I tried to link one via Dropbox.  Zip.  Then imgur.  Nothing.  So out of desperation I went back to photobucket.  Again, even with the original avvy nothing happens when I link it.  I've done this before, so what's different?  I post the link and it supposedly works and then there's no avatar, so it clearly isn't doing what I intend.

Anyone who may have some insights into this would be doing me a favor to explain how to get my avatar back up.  Thanks in advance.

smokester:
Photobucket is not having it so I screen grabbed it and upped it local to this site. It you have the original please link it here (not using PB) and I'll overwrite it.

SSL also creates problems with the avatar system so it seems.

--- Quote from: christ on September 18, 2019, 01:20:48 AM ---To link to a picture on dropbox: Use all of the link (https:// through to the dl=0). Then change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 at the end of the link. Put the whole thing from h to 0 into the [ img ] [ /img ] tags.

... and then remember that avatars are a pain in the arse, and that (a) they may not work, (b) Smokes may have (inadvertently?) disabled them, ( c) size limitations, (d) reasons.

... it looks to me like (b), as I can't add an avatar to my account. It may only be available to veterans with post counts higher than 2, though.

--- End quote ---

Nothing had actually been changed other that the redirect to the SSL version and that could well be the issue. More likely is that our server is getting a bit shonky of late with more outages than usual so it could just be a service out when we've tried.

The boy has his own server somewhere so I might ask him to host us.

6pairsofshoes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxdrv06hna4yafl/avvy%20-%201.jpg?dl=0

I tried chris's suggestions and it didn't work, so I'm still scratching my head with this one.

Wow.  That was fast.  Thank you to whomever managed to get that to work.

8ullfrog:
Looks like they got you back in business, but I have to admit, I found the fading photophucket avatars somewhat interesting. I was wondering if it would eventually fade to a solid color, because they blurred them, and then they ADDITIONALLY blurred them. As if the first hit wasn't insulting enough.

6pairsofshoes:
I did that when I posted the images of berries earlier and it works fine in the threads, but after I changed the avvy photo, and tried to post the altered url in the Profile settings, it kept kicking back to "No Avatar."  For some reason the Profile settings don't like that url.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version