Author Topic: Fast Food Calendar  (Read 6598 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
Fast Food Calendar
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/what’s-on-the-menu--what-day-is-today--175754681.html

the only thing i've tried on this list is the Cherry Berry Slushie thing @ micky D's and it was only because they gave out free coupon for it. Just remembered I've had the gingerbread Starbucks latte not really a fan.

the mojito Sorbert looks really gross.. I dont know if anyone has went to cold stone before but they sometimes sing a song while making your ice cream….which I think is sort of icky because spittle can fly from their mouth into your ice cream

Fish Bites look icky to.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:35:53 PM by smokester »

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Fast Food Calendar
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »
 :o

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
I dont know if anyone has went to cold stone before but they sometimes sing a song while making your ice cream….which I think is sort of icky because spittle can fly from their mouth into your ice cream

I LOLd at that.

Maybe I'm old cause that kind of stuff fast food chains do put me off. The only thing that works for me is better food and lower prices.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:20:15 PM by xtopave »

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »
I try to avoid fast food places when I can. Thought I would share this link of food facts…  how does pubic hair get in your food??

http://guyism.com/lifestyle/food/disgusting-food-facts-you-didnt-know.html

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:25:02 PM »
how does pubic hair get in your food??

You scratch yourself and continue working?  :D

Several of those things I knew but some I didn't know.

A gastroenterologist told me they suspect the increased rate of colon cancer in young people in recent years is due to artificial food colorants. Here's an article.

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
The problem with food like this it is also the amount of calories, that's why in Usa it is so high the obesity problem. Fortunately here we still cook fresh food and even teenagers go to eat in a fast food once in a while

Offline townie2

• Neandertal
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
I try to avoid fast food places when I can. Thought I would share this link of food facts…  how does pubic hair get in your food??

http://guyism.com/lifestyle/food/disgusting-food-facts-you-didnt-know.html
too much information Mish  :P ;D
quick, funny fast food story, years ago we had an Arbies, and i got to love them but when their land lease expired, the land owner wouldn't renew it, and opened a Wendy's there himself, Arbies never reopened. anytime i go to a neighboring Province, my last stop before heading home is Arbies, i eat there and get a bunch to take home and freeze. they almost always seem to have this deal on, 4 junior roast beef sandwiches for $5, last time i was there, after eating, i went back to the counter and ordered 20 juniors ($25), clerk looked at me and said "you must be from Prince Edward Island (i am) or Cape Breton", i said "P.E.I., how did you know that?" she said "because Arbies closed in both places, and when people from there come here they always get 20 or 28 of them to take home".   ;D

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »
I don't eat much fast food, but every once in a while I get a craving and last time I went to Arby's I was seriously disappointed. It was just wet, bland beef on a bun. I'd had Arby's before, and I had positive memories of it, but whatever I got this time was expensive ($8 for a sandwich, fries, and a Coke) and the only way to describe the sandwich is to say it tasted like it had been soaked in a footbath, but without all the flavor a footbath might have provided.

I think I'll stick to Taco Bell for my fast food cravings. Authentic Mexican food.
Plus, they have that special Taco Bell only version of Mountain Dew I can't get in a grocery store.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:49:35 PM by SACPOP »

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:14:07 AM »
townie that is funny. there arent a lot of arbys in my city. There was one I remember but it didnt stay open for long.

I think I'll stick to Taco Bell for my fast food cravings. Authentic Mexican food.
Plus, they have that special Taco Bell only version of Mountain Dew I can't get in a grocery store.

used to eat there all the time when I was in HS I would always get the nachos, they were delicious. but now I've been able to find cheaper and tastier mexican food I haven't been tempted by  taco bell at all but I have wanted to try the dorito taco.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 02:08:27 AM »
I haven't been to Taco Bell (Taco Hell) in over 1.5 years...ever since I went through the drive-thru and saw a sign that read "Now with 85% Beef".  My head immediately asked the 2 obvious questions.  1) What was it before?  and 2) What the HELL is the other 15% now?!?!?!

Haven't been back since and don't see me ever changing my mind.  Ignorance is bliss...and knowledge ruins my food choices.
--dweez

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 04:00:28 AM »
could have been Horse  ;D

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 05:40:03 AM »
or bread crumps

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 06:47:41 AM »
What I really envy you are all the mexican restaurant you have,with very good quality food and so cheap prices here I have to go far away to find one, it is really expensive and don't know where Mexico or his foods is...

Offline townie2

• Neandertal
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 07:25:56 AM »
i find the Arbies good with a slice of Swiss cheese and their bbq sauce on them.
we don't have a Taco Bell here, and only have one Quiznos which is on the University campus, so i'm not going wandering around there looking for it. i would love to try both.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 08:18:37 AM »
What I really envy you are all the mexican restaurant you have,with very good quality food and so cheap prices here I have to go far away to find one, it is really expensive and don't know where Mexico or his foods is...

I feel identified with this bubu. Only 2 Mexican restaurants in a city of more than a million people! And one of them isn't even good.  :(
On the other hand you can find good pasta every other corner. OMG, do I live in Italy?  :D