Author Topic: Friend Requests on Facebook.  (Read 3914 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
Friend Requests on Facebook.
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
I always debate back and forth with myself if I should accept a friend request. They may be friends with my mutually friends, most of who I dont speak to on facebook at all but they do provide with me some mild entertainment through wall posts and such. I think "hey did I even like that kid, when I was in school? did I even talk to him/her?" ultimately though I  just ignore the friend request until it goes away.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
Re: Friend Requests on Facebook.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »
Thats is ABSOLUTELY the was to do it. And even then you may regret a few. For the most part I enjoy the "friends" Ive chosen, if that changes I delete them. Only done it 3 times so far I think.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
I've only deleted one thats because she spamming my wall with how to make money through a phone app. block and delete 1 2 3.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:12:58 PM »
I have no desire to "connect" with people from high school.  Anyone I cared about then (a very limited number of people) I've kept in contact with.  Everyone else can jump off a cliff.
--dweez

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:29:11 AM »
If I know who you are I'll say yes. If you spam, I hide you. I don't send requests though.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »
I have an imaginary presence on FB (a made up person) with over 500 friends.  I know none of them.  I can't even explain how I got them.  They all responded to requests that were suggested by FB.  It's pretty weird.  I check in every few days.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 12:39:00 AM »
Decline all.

Cousin: Did you get my facebook friend request?

Me: Nope.

The cousins I talk to are already in my facebook friends. Pretty sure she knows I'm lying.

Don't care. She's a weirdo.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 05:23:00 AM »
I had a Myspace account for a while and really got into customizing it, finding old friends, and playing those silly Mafia games, but I blew my wad there and never bothered with a Facebook account.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:16:58 AM »
I have no desire to "connect" with people from high school.  Anyone I cared about then (a very limited number of people) I've kept in contact with.  Everyone else can jump off a cliff.
awesome  ;D
I have a few friends on facebook, Only 1 from here though .

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »
I have a few that I added from demonoid. I am just that kinda person. :)

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »
I have an imaginary presence on FB (a made up person) with over 500 friends.  I know none of them.  I can't even explain how I got them.  They all responded to requests that were suggested by FB.  It's pretty weird.  I check in every few days.
This I find it awesome, if I ever want to open an account on FB I will do just that  :)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »

I too have a bogus page just so I can contact people that I no longer have numbers for.  I have 0 friends though as I forbid it.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:37 PM »
I set it up so I could "Like" various commercial sites that occasionally offer discounts or coupons, and then while I was at it, I began adding friends.  I can't remember how or why it suggested these people, but I sent out a few requests and before I knew it, I had over 500.  Most of these were people requesting friendships from me.  Go figure.

My profile picture is an image of a prominent British actor, but somehow most Americans don't recognize him.  I've never had a single FB friend comment on it.