Site Related > Site Suggestions

Expired site certificate

<< < (3/4) > >>

dweez:
Not sure then. I use the latest browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) and all 3 let me proceed. Maybe it's a limitation in a combination of the OS and browser.

TNG:

--- Quote from: 8ullfrog on August 13, 2022, 03:11:12 AM ---With the latest browser updates, you are generally not "allowed" to "proceed anyway"
I just use the ie mode "trick" the same way I log into my modem.
Https as default is such an arrogant move. It reminds me of my fellow tech students in high school, who would "replace" ie on their families computers with firefox, and then be pissed when they got grounded.

Making decisions for the user does not engender good will.

Back to CloudFart, they're now doing weird little loading screen tips when sites are set to "hostile" mode.
Sadly, a site I use has been set to hostile for a year, and the admin who runs it does not take requests or commentary from the users.

--- End quote ---

Don't worry, I'm not so liberal with using the under attack mode. It's a cheat for when you're too lazy to set up some good firewall rules. I'll set it up cloudflare on here after my exams this week just so they can handle the SSL and I can forget about it for the next 15 years.

8ullfrog:
It's back.

Browser attempts to block access and has to be bypassed.

smokester:
Cloudflare now handles our records and our certificate is now valid for 15 years.

If I'm still here then when we next go down, I'll consider that a major win.

dweez:

--- Quote from: smokester on January 06, 2023, 03:03:50 PM ---Cloudflare now handles our records and our certificate is now valid for 15 years.

If I'm still here then when we next go down, I'll consider that a major win.

--- End quote ---

Same

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version