Site Related > Site Suggestions

Expired site certificate

<< < (2/4) > >>

smokester:

--- Quote from: 8ullfrog on August 09, 2022, 09:22:02 AM ---I hate cloudflare so bless'ed much. Their captcha is the worst. (hCaptcha)
I don't want to look at busses for them. Or Airplanes. I just want their human check to piss off.

--- End quote ---

TNG was explaining that cloudfare is fantastic for what it offers for free. Most of what you mention are just the particular site's DDOS and Raid protection that we'd obviously disable.

I did say to him that why didn't he post that "yadda, yadda" on here rather than me fudging it, but, there can only be 1 dweez (reliable I.T. guy) in the world.

8ullfrog:
The weird thing is they used to offer a bypass to all the rude poo, it was a cookie you downloaded from them, and it would get you through without any annoyance.

They have since discontinued said magic cookie.

dweez:

--- Quote from: smokester on August 09, 2022, 04:14:27 PM ---TNG was explaining that cloudfare is fantastic for what it offers for free. Most of what you mention are just the particular site's DDOS and Raid protection that we'd obviously disable.

I did say to him that why didn't he post that "yadda, yadda" on here rather than me fudging it, but, there can only be 1 dweez (reliable I.T. guy) in the world.

--- End quote ---

I hope I'm not the only reliable IT guy. I'm busy enough as it is.

--- Quote from: 8ullfrog on August 10, 2022, 05:49:18 AM ---The weird thing is they used to offer a bypass to all the rude poo, it was a cookie you downloaded from them, and it would get you through without any annoyance.

They have since discontinued said magic cookie.

--- End quote ---

On the "Your connection isn't private" screen, there should be a link an "Advanced" button you can click. Once you do, you should see a "Continue to <website>" link that allows you to continue.

6pairsofshoes:
I did move past the initial page, but then forgot my p/w and got distracted in the meantime.

Google does like the scary end of the world screen stuff.

8ullfrog:
With the latest browser updates, you are generally not "allowed" to "proceed anyway"
I just use the ie mode "trick" the same way I log into my modem.
Https as default is such an arrogant move. It reminds me of my fellow tech students in high school, who would "replace" ie on their families computers with firefox, and then be pissed when they got grounded.

Making decisions for the user does not engender good will.

Back to CloudFart, they're now doing weird little loading screen tips when sites are set to "hostile" mode.
Sadly, a site I use has been set to hostile for a year, and the admin who runs it does not take requests or commentary from the users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version