Computer/Technology > Computer

Burning ISOs> 4.78 GBs to DVD-Rs

(1/3) > >>

davidsolomon83:
This problem is partially discussed in a thread on the Noid but only partially, plus after googling it I realized i couldnt find what i was looking for.  :-[

If any one can shed light on the subject  I'd really appreciate it:  :)

=====================================================================================================
Its a Torrent of Fallout 3 ~ 5.8 GBs plus and update of ~ 360 mb. I need to burn it to DVD-R  4.7 GB (obviously 2 are

required). How do i split/span the ISO (5.8 GB) into 50/50 or 60/40 so i can burn it in two parts to 2 (4.7GB) DVD-Rs

together with the update of ~360 Mb on the 2nd DVD, and be able to reunite the ISO later on my PC to play it.
=====================================================================================================

Why not mount it with Demon-tools or Alcohol and play it? Because i want to store it on DVDs so I can use it later

(have a crowded HDD plus there is the eternal danger of losing data if you dont have it backed up ).

I'm not a complete Nooby, but iI have never burned images larger than the capacity of a DVD-R 4.7 GB. I have ImgBrn,

but if you guys use any other software and recommend it, I'll gladly use it  :).

Thanx.   8)

indie180:
PowerIso will let you split a maximum image file size of up to 64GB. But I haven't tried to split anything, it's pretty straight forward to use.

The program it's self is just over a 1mb, you know where to find it.  ;)

Hope this help.

hmed2390:
I was going to suggest powerISO as well. Very good app, and it gets the job done well.

Just a suggestion but, why don't you just burn everything on a dual layered disc?

dweez:
I detest PowerIso but I've been doing the "t" thing for a long time and have no clue why another archive format was even needed.

davidsolomon83:
at the moment i have a box full of SLs, and i'll have to go buy the DLs which is waaay to HARD  :P  :D,

they had strange things in the reviews about PowerIso, like it corrupts the DVD drive or the drive wont work when you un-install it?   ??? i mean that cant be serious right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version