General Category > General Discussion

Whats on your summer vacation calendar?

<< < (44/45) > >>

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: christ on September 14, 2023, 03:10:36 PM ---EuroDisney/ DisneyLand Paris is an interesting exercise in culture clashing: in the US the "cast members"" are almost universally cheery and friendly and happy to help (outwardly at least, I'm sure that a good few of them are dying inside), but in Marne-la-Vallee they are almost all miserable, grumpy, and totally indisposed to help in any way at all.

I don't particularly blame them, but it does mean that the difference in the Disney experience is quite large!

--- End quote ---

So Agree and the French visitors are no better, pushing their war through anyone irrelevant of age.
A mistake to build there, being one of the coldest areas near Paris and this was from a American Disney manager we spoke to.
Should have gone to Spain, being warmer and cheaper

goldshirt*9:
So just returned after Climbing the North Face of Ben Nevis Gully 5.
Mate's friend is a climber/Scrambler and stated its an easy climb, Pardon the French but It Fing wasn't in howling rain and he just shot off with one mate leaving myself and another guessing where the route was, :o
If it wasn't for the chap behind me and his knowledge of climbing, when my right foot lost a foothold and he held it ,I would very much doubt I would be in a fit state to do anything for a short (long) while.
The Gates of Mordor (to me that was)

smokester:

--- Quote from: goldshirt*9 on September 23, 2023, 11:55:30 PM ---So just returned after Climbing the North Face of Ben Nevis Gully 5.
Mate's friend is a climber/Scrambler and stated its an easy climb, Pardon the French but It Fing wasn't in howling rain and he just shot off with one mate leaving myself and another guessing where the route was, :o
If it wasn't for the chap behind me and his knowledge of climbing, when my right foot lost a foothold and he held it ,I would very much doubt I would be in a fit state to do anything for a short (long) while.
The Gates of Mordor (to me that was)

--- End quote ---

Pfft! that's nothing. You should see TNG's room...

Glad you're safe, bro.

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: smokester on September 25, 2023, 01:39:48 AM ---You should see TNG's room...

--- End quote ---

;D ;D
Had a weekend in Birmingham last week, Way better than Leicester tbh.
Babet popping along to keep us company, it was damp on Friday.
Thai, Turkish(middle east), English pub grub and Chippy was had with a few  ;) alcoholic drinks.

The main drag through Birmingham center is to me a funny place with all the religious stall stating their case for enlightenment.
I found it quit funny but my friend was a tad nervous when the "free Palestine march came along".
Finished with bumping into a peaky blinders night in a city center pub and watching the Rugger.
great weekend

6pairsofshoes:
I went to Birmingham with a class a long time ago and we stayed in the Uni dorms.  There were some beautiful old pubs there and an interesting cast iron church.  I remember going to the courthouse (a beautiful Victorian affair) and the security was pretty intense.

Glad you had fun there, goldie.  I would love to go back and tour the midlands again.  Liverpool was beautiful, as was Manchester.  So many interesting towns to visit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version