Author Topic: Boston  (Read 11683 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Boston
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
When they robbed the convenience store and stole the SUV they identified themselves as the bombers.

They "apparently" said that to one man who they'd carjacked but released uninjured.

That's hardly singing it from the rooftops.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
And the blood on the boat he was hiding in?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
And the blood on the boat he was hiding in?

I'm not here as a juror, regardless of whether I think they're guilty or not. I was simply pointing out that one man's biased statement (he was carjacked) does not prove beyond doubt that they identified themselves.  Even if they had, even that does not prove it was them as there are probably many who would claim to be the perpetrators.

I'll wait and see.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »
When they robbed the convenience store and stole the SUV they identified themselves as the bombers.
didnt know they confessed to the bombings at this point, but must still be proven.Munchausen ish

Of course the remaining suspect is entitled to a fair trial and I hope he gets the best internet lawyers.  :P
Almost certainly some hot shot lawyer will want this case, or is Cochran is available.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 11:40:06 PM »

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 01:01:03 AM »
Ta.
some other hot shot will cost the tax payer lots of money then

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 02:41:04 AM »
Wow, Really?

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 03:45:50 AM »
another thing I don't understand , the guys are chechens so they should put bombs in Russia not in Usa, and who helped them buildings bombs? They seems too young to have much of a knowledge themselves so it will be interesting to know who's behind them.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 03:57:07 AM »
I've read a lot of speculation that the older brother was on track to being a contender, and bent it all up by becoming radicalized.

The younger brother has been described as a loser by his uncle, he may have just been a tag-along.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 04:12:47 AM »
Wow, Really?
mmmmmmmmmmmm maybe
as he has to be represented

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 04:15:10 AM »
What I meant is that when one stands trial, the burden of proof is on the Prosecution. Saying the defense cost taxpayers money is off base. In the US you have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided to you.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 04:25:06 AM »
What I meant is that when one stands trial, the burden of proof is on the Prosecution. Saying the defense cost taxpayers money is off base. In the US you have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided to you.

Here it's called "Legal aid".

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 07:11:29 AM »

same as the UK,
money comes from somewhere though , attorney may be given to you but you pay through tax's and such  >:(
In a high profile case as this is, I would put money on a expensive law firm just to make sure all evidence / justice will be to the letter of the law.
Too many people get off because of a "technicality" and the American public wouldn’t stand for this !!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »
I've read a lot of speculation that the older brother was on track to being a contender, and bent it all up by becoming radicalized.

The younger brother has been described as a loser by his uncle, he may have just been a tag-along.

I think you have confused one detail.  The older brother was described as a loser.  Because of his domestic violence, he was denied citizenship and had a green card.  The  younger brother was affable and bright, and recently became a citizen.  He was well liked and described as decent and modest.  He had served as the captain of his high school wrestling team and a scholarship student at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth.  The suspicion is that the younger brother was swayed by the elder.  The elder had apparently been investigated by the FBI, but no action was taken, despite the fact that he had recently become ostensibly devout in his faith.  He had upped youtube videos about how to pray more effectively. 

I think more information will be forthcoming about Tamerlan (the elder) as this whole ugly business unfolds and more information is released.  I suspect some stuff is held back because of the trial.  It's early days, yet.  The younger brother is still recovering in hospital and not communicating.

The sense portrayed in the press is that the older brother had trouble adjusting, had a chip on his shoulder, despite talent as a boxer.  Sort of like he came here and got a chip on his shoulder and decided to don the fig leaf of religion in order to effect thuggery, dragging the younger brother along.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
Yes, I believe the older brother converted his girlfriend with a heavy hand.

I read an article about how the older brother was Golden Gloves material and wanted to box for Team USA. Stark contrast to what he ended up doing.