General Category > Food and Drink

Pringles Moa Burger

<< < (2/3) > >>

6pairsofshoes:
I expect that some people are vegetarians because they can't easily digest meat, but miss the flavors, so beef or jam flavored potato chips may be a way for them to enjoy them.

As I've never eaten a hedgehog, I can't begin to imagine the flavor.  Do they taste like chicken?  Maybe they can try iguana flavor, next.  Iguanas apparently do taste like chicken.  We have some in the yard that I'd be happy to donate to the cause.

smokester:

--- Quote from: christ on August 24, 2021, 03:36:17 PM ---I would be interested in some numbers on this, but unfortunately all of the numbers one can find come from sources that are not particularly credible as they all seem to have an axe to grind or an agenda to further.

If I were to guess, it would be that the majority (probably the vast majority) are vegetarian because they either don't want to eat Bambi or they want to save the planet: the "meat is indigestible" among them would be, in my completely unscientific guesswork, a small minority.

Based on this ridiculously data-free view, I am constantly surprised by the need for plant-based sausages, tofu burgers, and imitation bacon etc. There are delicious vegetables and vegetable meals, so why on earth is there a need to pretend that it is meat, by making it meat shape or meat flavour.

... another mystery is how the moral vegetarian is going to avoid, or philosophically reject, lab-grown meat.

--- End quote ---

In this country the biggest vegetarian movement was due to the abhorent treatment of animals due to greed driven industrial farming and bizarre British/European politics. There was a point we were up to about 5% of the population abstaining from meat. Then organic farming came to the rescue and it was all forgiven.

Except by those with CJD.

smokester:

--- Quote from: christ on August 26, 2021, 02:37:47 AM ---But they all died, so that didn't last.

--- End quote ---

Yup. And now we have wishy-washy flexitarians which makes just about everyone annoyed.

8ullfrog:
I've heard that story where the beef chips were suitable for vegetarians, but the cheese and onion ones were NOT.

dweez:
Probably not the case now, but when I worked at Olive Gardens, we would have vegans come in, being very vocal about it. Would get the salad and I think the minestrone soup and would eat tons and tons of the bread sticks, raving about it. Cook in the back was cracking up saying that the butter spread over them had meat by-products in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version