General Category > Forum Games

Never-Ending Fiction Quiz

(1/8) > >>

tarascon:

EDIT: Using any work of fiction (novel, play, poem, etc.), post a title and a question about the piece. It doesn't have to be what's in the body of the work... for example, it can be about the author, genesis, date of publication, or it's influence on other arts like music or film. The next person answers it and then posts a new question, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

Example. Lolita. What was Lolita's mother's name? Answer: Charlotte Haze.

>> Here's the question: In The Silmarillion, Annatar is an alias--who is he?

xtopave:
A question, tarascon (when we refine things you/I can modify your post so everything is clear in the 1st post).
Do we need to post proof to go on?
In this case: Is it Sauron?
If I'm correct:
In One Hundred Years of Solitude (Cien aƱos de soledad), which is the name of the town where the novel takes place?

tarascon:

--- Quote from: xtopave on June 19, 2015, 04:15:08 PM ---A question, tarascon (when we refine things you/I can modify your post so everything is clear in the 1st post).
Do we need to post proof to go on?

--- End quote ---

Good question. I thought about that and proof might be a difficult thing to show in every case. Just post an answer that you think is correct (with a hyperlink, if you want) and if it's wrong someone down the line can point that out. Also, posts don't have to use the name of the author; it's optional.
And, yes, Sauron is right.  :)

--- Quote from: goldshirt*9 on June 20, 2015, 12:19:27 AM ---do we just carry on or wait for conformation ?

--- End quote ---

Just carry on. Like I said, if it's wrong, someone might point out the correct answer (with a careful online search, responses should be right). And hopefully most posters will scan the earlier posts. This thread is really about learning about novels. This system seems awkward but I can't think of any other way to do this. And I didn't want to have another game which uses points as a "win."
Thanks for the interest folks.

--- Quote from: goldshirt*9 on June 20, 2015, 12:19:27 AM ---In Under Milk Wood, who was the omnipresent narrator

--- End quote ---

There's more than one (unnamed) narrator and not necessarily a person from fictitious Llareggub. I double checked this on Wiki and it has the number wrong.

>> The Invention of Morel is an interesting novel by Adolfo Bioy Casares which, as far as I know, has two links to film.
The first one is that it's a book being read by Sawyer on the TV series Lost (I used to pause the disk to see if I could make out the titles of the books he's reading--yep, I'm that much of a book geek). What is the other film connection?
Spoiler (hover to show)Hint: the script was written by Alain Robbe-Grillet.
Please reread my OP for changes.  ;D

goldshirt*9:
will answer but not now, Head is a spin from an awful day of early to work / helping delivery leaflets for daughter and being attacked by a dog.  :-\

Not a good fathers day to say the least. :'(

smokester:
Is this just for clever folk, or can anybody play?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version