General Category > General Discussion

Local News

<< < (89/91) > >>

goldshirt*9:
Boiler was condemned on Tuesday, new one to being  installed Friday.
May have to sell my soul to pay for it  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

6pairsofshoes:
That sounds expensive.  We had to have our plumbing redone and it will also cost an arm and a leg.  At least you will have a reliable source of heat to enjoy in the winter.

goldshirt*9:
Wasn't by choice as the old one was condemned. About £2500 with a cash only deal, Boiler and power wash the system and a overflow pipe (which was forgotten the first time we had one fitted).  On top of all the roof work  :-[ :-[

6pairsofshoes:
I don't know if South Dakota is "local" (and to the extent that it isn't, I'm completely grateful) but the governor is currently enjoying a well deserved backlash for taking a 14 month old puppy that was bred to hunt pheasants and shooting it in a gravel pit.  This was followed by a similar summary execution of a goat because she found it disagreeable and smelly.

After everyone was horrified by this cruel behavior, she doubled down on this approach to the disposition of unwanted animals by boasting that they'd also just killed 3 horses that had been owned by the family for 25 years. 

article here:  https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/apr/26/trump-kristi-noem-shot-dog-and-goat-book

6pairsofshoes:

--- Quote from: christ on April 30, 2024, 02:25:02 PM ---With some irony an old twit from Hillary Clinton is circulating, in which she said that you shouldn't elect someone that you wouldn't trust with your dog.

--- End quote ---

It is a common criticism of Trump that "he doesn't even have a dog..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version