Author Topic: Mouse released into wild snatched by hawk, ruins good deed (video)  (Read 2649 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/50700/mouse+released+into+wild+snatched+by+hawk+ruins+good+deed+video/

An unidentified cadet at West Point, no doubt an animal lover, was just trying to do the right thing when his act of kindness went horribly wrong. Apparently, a mouse had taken up residency in his barrack. He finally trapped the little guy he called Whiskers and transported him via trash can to an open field. He then released the critter, telling it "good luck." Unfortunately for the mouse, this happened:

the good deed wasn't ruined, he just fed a hungry hawk.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Mouse released into wild snatched by hawk, ruins good deed (video)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:42:43 AM »
When we had mice I used to catch them humanely and then transport them up the road to Clapham Common.  In reality they were probably going to end up as fox food but at least that was a natural death (rather than a snap trap or poison etc), and at least they had a chance of survival.

Nature is neither cruel nor kind, it just is.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
Re: Mouse released into wild snatched by hawk, ruins good deed (video)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:22:39 AM »
Nature is neither cruel nor kind, it just is.

Man I always say that! I also say that Nature isn't actually "wise" and things happen bc they "can". Many people watch me like I grew 2 heads when I say that.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯