Site Related > Announcements

Server Error Caused Fora to Be Down

(1/19) > >>

JackFrost:
Just an FYI that apparently it was the server that was down and not any error with Diafora's site.

Looks like everything connected again.

Cheers!

edited by dweez to correct the typo in the Subject

knownassociate:
Yay! We're back, live!!

smokester:
It went down about 12.30am GMT and must have been out for at least an hour.  This is only the second time in 2 months that the server has been properly down for any length of time although there has been other times where it has been shaky.  I still consider it a petty good service overall and doesn't seem to be slowed too much by the chatroom and/or other activity so we will have to live with these occasionally.

Sorry for the temporary loss of service.

smokester:
The apache server running this site stopped last night and wasn't restarted until some pressure was applied to my host.  All good now but not very good show by the Houston based server.  Robin if you read this: I think you need to load up the 12 bore.

Sorry folks, perhaps it tried to do a bunk when it heard it would have to answer OC1 from now on...

smokester:
I received this as a response to my telling them Robin is on the way..

--- Quote ---There was a problem on the network which has since been resolved by our Technical Support team. There was no data loss and normal service has resumed. If you experience any further problems do not hesitate to contact us.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
--- End quote ---

What was the problem then I wonder?  Forgot to restart apache?..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version