Site Related > Announcements

Server Error Caused Fora to Be Down

<< < (2/19) > >>

Robin-Graves:

--- Quote from: smokester on May 06, 2009, 03:15:18 AM ---The apache server running this site stopped last night and wasn't restarted until some pressure was applied to my host.  All good now but not very good show by the Houston based server.  Robin if you read this: I think you need to load up the 12 bore.

Sorry folks, perhaps it tried to do a bunk when it heard it would have to answer OC1 from now on...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: smokester on May 06, 2009, 03:40:57 AM ---I received this as a response to my telling them Robin is on the way..

What was the problem then I wonder?  Forgot to restart apache?..

--- End quote ---

Had to fire off a few shots to get their attention.
But I think they got the messege. lol

smokester:
Another little outage so sorry again.  It was the server this time and not the services it was running, so we should be good now for a while.

Lock and load Robin.

smokester:
I'm getting pissed now with my host.  If the server goes down at night, it isn't restarted until the morning when the UK staff role in!! 

Sorry folks, I'll try to avoid it happening in the future.

smokester:
I have been getting server overloads all day for some reason, and it could well be to do with the site and not the host.  I have deleted some subdomains that were active and their databases in an attempt to speed this place back up, and the little errors you may be experiencing are probably to do with that and not another outage.  I'll check the apache logs just in case and poke the host with a stick if necessary, and I hope to have things back running smoothly again soon.

smokester:
Looks like it worked as the site is really quick now, for me at least, and the server overloads have stopped.

As you were..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version