Site Related > Announcements

New games' lists.

(1/7) > >>

smokester:
Over time we will be introducing wiki hosted lists for our games, and before you update one of these there is an important aspect that people should be aware of.  That is that if you edit a page as a guest, your IP will be displayed in the page history.  The combat this all you have to do is register there and only your ID will show after that. I realise that many of the game players already have accounts so they have no need to worry.

Before anyone complains about this there are a number of reasons why we will need to do something like this sooner or later, as a dozen or more games' lists being copied and pasted repeatedly every day, makes no sense to the size and manageability of our database for one thing alone. But there are other benefits too and this should really be welcomed as it can only serve to keep as healthy and around for the long term.

If anyone is unsure how to edit and update these lists when they appear, then please ask one of the staff for some help.

frankcapri:
Holy crap.  I didn't know that.  I've been updating those pages on Demonoid  :o

ohcheap1:
IM gonna complain!!! Oh....what the hell.....I hate them and that's that. Dont want to hear the ol "Good of the many outweigh the good of the one" speech.

nouseforaname:
I don't get this. Maybe it's the lack of brain I'm using since I just woke up and got this message.

smokester:

--- Quote from: ohcheap1 on September 21, 2009, 02:28:01 PM ---IM gonna complain!!!
--- End quote ---

You can always PM yourself about it, after all, any complaints I receive I am forwarding to you to deal with.

--- Quote from: frankcapri on September 21, 2009, 02:27:50 PM ---Holy crap.  I didn't know that.  I've been updating those pages on Demonoid  :o
--- End quote ---

Demonoid has tons of data added everyday and many a techie to keep the database clean - either that or it's your list updating that broke them.

--- Quote from: nouseforaname on September 21, 2009, 02:31:34 PM ---I don't get this. Maybe it's the lack of brain I'm using since I just woke up and got this message.
--- End quote ---

I only did it to get you to post :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version