Author Topic: Local News  (Read 86982 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Local News
« Reply #450 on: May 04, 2024, 09:40:11 AM »
Sorry.  Klepper is remarkable for his comic interviews of hapless Trump supporters.  Most are stunningly uninformed and unaware of recent events and they barely manage to watch Fox News.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #451 on: May 06, 2024, 05:22:29 PM »
Well gorgeous weather where I live, Only trouble is wife at work and had chores to do ref garden.
Fence painting and decking to clean and paint were a tad warm.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #452 on: May 07, 2024, 08:42:33 AM »
I wish he lived closer as the weeds here are out of control.  The weather has been lovely and the weeds are super happy.  At least it rained a few days ago so they're not so hard to pull.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #453 on: May 08, 2024, 07:36:11 AM »
We're just breaking in the grandson as a lawn mower. Higher rates than I remember from my youth, but saves me putting sun tan lotion on!

;D ;D

I wish he lived closer as the weeds here are out of control.  The weather has been lovely and the weeds are super happy.  At least it rained a few days ago so they're not so hard to pull.

Not too bad in the garden but then again my better half feeds a lot to the tortoise ( note to oneself, tortoise needs a out door spce this year)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #454 on: May 08, 2024, 02:59:52 PM »
I'm properly ahead of the curve with this "no mow May" idea. I started June last year.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #455 on: Yesterday at 11:36:36 AM »
If our lawn didn't just die off due to lack of water in the summer, I'd hire a team of goats, or should that be herd?  Sometimes when one drives onto the local expressway, there are goats on the hillsides chomping on the vegetation. They were hired specifically for that purpose.  It's kind of fun to see them there "working."

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #456 on: Today at 03:45:51 AM »
Just had a spat with the local council who have just decided to mow adjacent to our bridlepath, thus removing so many flowering plants that it was worth a few minutes to see and hear the bees .
"ein Befehl ist ein Befehl"
as they say :-\ :-\