Author Topic: Tattoo required  (Read 7003 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Tattoo required
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 07:23:47 AM »
have seen before . neat work but wouldnt last the test of time.
imagine your granddad having that

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 08:04:11 AM »
have seen before . neat work but wouldnt last the test of time.
imagine your granddad having that

By discussing extremes on here.. you just gave the best response yet because you answered your own questions, and dealt with any hesitations about what you want, and narrowed your field by 95%, so you're nearly decided.

You're probably close to having what you want on the original images you posted.

If the color scheme is simple the lion passant heraldic design would work on your back, especially because you love it.. but also it's the right shape. And for your arm you'd want to get something equally bold and simplistic and classic.. like a tribal banding like one of the ones you posted, something to do with later Saxons. Or a simple really ancient Saxon symbol like a Valknut or a Irminsul. Just keep reserching scroll work until you see one that hits you on a gut level. Or, research to see if there's scroll work tied to your specific regional lineage.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 12:00:30 AM »
nice design there
looking at some prices at the moment  :o

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »
>_>

okay.. I kept forgetting to post this this week... but you can't/shouldn't use a valknut, because people might read it wrong. Which I'm sure you weren't leaning that way anyway.. I still thought I'd mention it. I was watching the history channel this week.. and saw a spot about how neo nazis use it as a tatoo. Stupid nazis.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:22 AM »
quite a nice design though.
but i wont get that one  :D

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 09:19:17 AM »
I found a cool Hopi indian symbol the other day. Not that it applies to you... but it's cool. If I got a tattoo i'd consider using it.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »
thats nice

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 08:45:40 AM »
It's the Hopi World symbol / cosmic cross. It's cool in itself because it addresses cardinal direction (north, west, east, and south) which is sacred universally in cultures. I like basic nature driven symbols. Plus it's interesting they consider 4 a sacred number... instead of 3 which is key in other cultures.

It also means-

The Hopi are a Native America Nation who primarily live in Arizona. The Hopi call themselves Hopitu - 'The Peaceful People'. This symbol signifies world to the Hopi "cosmic cross". The four bars represent north, south, east and west. The shield symbol with its four circles in four quadrants means: "Together with all nations we protect both land and life, and hold the world in balance." It is a symbol of peace to yourself and others, a symbol of honor to oneself as well as to others.

This symbol signifies world to the Hopi The "cosmic cross" or four bars represent north, south, east and west correspond to the outermost points on the horizon where the sun passes through the year; the solstice and equinox points. The four circles inside the outer outline represent the four nations (the first four tribes of mankind), which came to the world to keep balance.

^ If I got that, I'd consider getting it on my inner wrist. The Hopi spiral would be good on the inner wrist also-

This rendition of the Hopi spiral is also common among North, South and Central Native American Indian tribes. The spiral represents the number of journeys or treks a tribe or nation has made to the four corners of the earth. Engraved on stones, the spiral suggests an intricate journey made to the Otherworlds on back. Generally, the spiral represents a broadening of consciousness, which is the destination arrived after a long journey.

If I would do a big tattoo this would be cool-

A symbol of creative and natural energy. The supreme god due to the Hopi's dependence upon it for the growth of corn, and other sustaining crops. The sun symbol represents the heart of the cosmos and deals with vitality, growth, and passion

Or.. a lunar phase sequence would be awesome shoulder blade to shoulder blade, maybe basic shapes in and arch, but with these phases represented-

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 09:37:16 AM »
I think "4" might be mystical to them also because way back in the day, the whole of existence could be broken down to the 4 elements, Earth, Wind, Fire, and Air.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
I think "4" might be mystical to them also because way back in the day, the whole of existence could be broken down to the 4 elements, Earth, Wind, Fire, and Air.

yep. lots of different cultures attach different important elemental symbolism to cardinal direction.

Chinese -

North =  Rat: Adaptability, charm, creativity, sociability, wit.
East = Rabbit: Trust, sincerity, love, compassion.
South = Horse: Physical strength, health, adventure, loyalty.
West = Rooster: Confidence, business, energy, persistence.

Celtic-

East = air, communication, new beginnings, new growth
South = fire, energy, passion, creativity
West = water, emotion, psyche, movement
North = earth, home, security, fertility

North = Infinite Possibility (no-time)
South = Present – Now
West = Past
East = Future

American Indian-

North = wisdom/thought
East = salvation/spirit
South = beginnings/purity
West = conclusions/fullness

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
I just talked to a guy, and he has the celtic alphabet tattooed as arm bands. He divided the letters in two parts, and half is on each arm.