Author Topic: Review a film that you think is worth watching (not one that you don't)  (Read 61787 times)

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
Re: Review a film that you think is worth watching (not one that you don't)
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2009, 09:39:16 AM »
OC,,Check out Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train.
I recomend it to any gore fan.Awsome story too.
It made me think .

We've discussed this one RG. Oh men and theyre memories.... Remember, I told you about how Barker appeared at a University lecture imploring the students to send letters and emails to the studios heads to back the golly off of editing his work so he could put a proper film out? That's an awesome clip too.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2009, 05:13:05 PM »
I support him on that, Ive seen so many movies that were a cheap imitation of the book because of the studios " poetic license" BS.

Stephen King's book "Dream Catcher" and its movie were the closest ive ever seen a book and a movie be to eacher.

And lay off the memory,,I ve taken a few hits to the head over the years,,I have a valid excuse lmao
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
I haven't seeen him in anything..er I don't think. I have The Go-Getter on my 'to watch' list.. that's him in that right?

Hhhmmm.....I will be watching this tomorrow. Check out his films on IMDB. Go for Thumbsucker first. I think I know you well enough to call that as enjoyable for you.  ;D

A very typical movie for him but I enjoyed it. Not a love story, not a coming of age story, just a sentimental journey. I liked it and the premise behind it. I would probably go 6/10. And if you're a fan of Lou's then maybe......8/10 for his performance alone.

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »
i loved watchmen. the way the film was shot, and the story, i've never read any of the comics but i didn't feel like i was missing out on anything. i might have, but that's a different story, isn't it.
the best was dr manhattans' rear end imho

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
Silk Spetre 2 was kinda cute in that latex she was wearing.
I keep my standards low.

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »
Gosford Park (2001)
I watched it just for the cast, honestly, and I'm a fan of Kelly MacDonald. Good film, much intrigue. I had to concentrate quite a lot just to catch what the characters were saying :D Seriously, all the cast was outstanding, except for maybe that American producer, SO ANNOYING (no offence to Americans out there, he was just irritating).

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
Gosford Park (2001)
I watched it just for the cast, honestly, and I'm a fan of Kelly MacDonald. Good film, much intrigue. I had to concentrate quite a lot just to catch what the characters were saying :D Seriously, all the cast was outstanding, except for maybe that American producer, SO ANNOYING (no offence to Americans out there, he was just irritating).

Benicio Del Toro annoys me, he seems to think everyone likes fairy tales.
And as for most American directors, I have something to say to them ,," GET A REAL JOB AND LEAVE MOVIES TO PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING!"
I mean, cant they do something original?
I keep my standards low.

• Cro-Magnon
I hear they're remaking Bonnie and Clyde with Hilary Duff as Bonnie. That PISSES ME OFF >:(

• Cro-Magnon
Tell No One (2006)
A French 'action' thriller. Quotation marks because there wasn't much action, well compared to American action thrillers at least, but it did do the thrilling quite well. Lots of twists and turns.
Francois Cluzet looks exactly like Dustin Hoffman. Omg, I was so distracted by the fact that he is Dustin Hoffman's doppelganger. Throughout the whole film I just kept thinking "Wtf is Dustin Hoffman doing in a French film?" "OMG that is not Dustin Hoffman." "ZOMG WTFFFFFFFF" "Stop thinking about the likeness and enjoy the film." Also, Kristin Scott Thomas does look quite a bit younger blonde, and a little like Cameron Diaz too.
Recommended

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
I hear they're remaking Bonnie and Clyde with Hilary Duff as Bonnie. That PISSES ME OFF >:(

I dont want to abuse any of my new found power but I SO want to delete even the mere mention of this. Faye Dunaway - Hilary Duff......

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »
i watched barbarella this weekend and rather enjoyed it, being so corny and all. if you are up to ultrasoft erotic scifi from 1969  :D you'll enjoy it

Tell No One (2006)

Recommended
just checked up on the film and i love Guillaume Canet, so i'll give the film a shot
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:15:20 PM by Discover99 »

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2009, 02:14:24 PM »
Just finished "UP". Man was this a brilliant film. More adult focused but I think kids would get a great laugh out of it, they might miss a bit of symbolism however. I cant believe that I cried so much over an animated film but I loved this. Will definately see it in the theaters.

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2009, 02:51:05 PM »
watched the Ninth Gate by roman polansky and with johnny depp today. it's a very interesting film, i thought the ending was a bit weak, so i've read some of the comments on imdb and feel a little better about.

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2009, 04:45:49 AM »
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:05:48 AM by feelingindifferent »

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »
^ you forgot that you should recommend films for us that you liked watching not the those you didn't like ;)