General Category > Chaos

Talk About Your Forum Handle or Whatever Passes Through Your Noggin

(1/58) > >>

JackFrost:
Alright, some of you have some really interesting screen names and I'm curious about what some of them mean.

Could you please tell us why you chose your particular handle?

Mine's kinda boring since it's just the name of a character from the comic book The Invisibles that several of my friends decided should be my nick after I let them read the book (the character and I are a lot alike - but I did not conform to the character, he just happens to be like me  ;)).

How 'bout you?

indie180:
Mine is a snowboarding/skateboarding move, it's done to same for both sports.

You grab the board in the middle between your feet on the toe edge (That's an indie) and rotate 180 degrees, you get a front side 180 that you can see everything in front of you. The backside 180 you can't see anything in front of you until you complete the spin.

It must be an unusual username as I have managed to use it for everything.  :-\

smokester:

--- Quote from: indie180 on January 09, 2009, 02:19:45 PM ---Mine is a snowboarding/skateboarding move, it's done to same for both sports.

You grab the board in the middle between your feet on the toe edge (That's an indie) and rotate 180 degrees, you get a front side 180 that you can see everything in front of you. The backside 180 you can't see anything in front of you until you complete the spin.

It must be an unusual username as I have managed to use it for everything.  :-\

--- End quote ---

I never knew that indie?.. At first I though you might be a dart enthusiast like me and then I thought you might be an "Indie music" fan.  Turns out you're just a fit politician ;)

Over on the other forums (I never really posted on the first demonoid forum as I only joined to find some install info) in particular "Subdemon" my handle was smokeyb53.  However one day cz85b casually called me "The Smokester" and it stuck in my head so much I switched to it.

JackFrost:
Yeah, but where'd the whole 'smoke' motif have it's origins?

smokester:
My handle was because my bike was a GSF1200 "Bandit" that smoked (smoking bandit). Unfortunately signing up for a hotmail account there were already 52 smokeybs so I opted for the next one up and used it just about everywhere.

And probably because I used to smoke a poo load of weed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version