Author Topic: Bought a differnt house  (Read 6620 times)

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
Bought a differnt house
« on: January 17, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »
I canceled my offer on the first house. After taking a second look at the house, it needed way to much work to even move into it. The cost to make it livable would have been way more than the cost of the house.

So we found another house in the same area for $145,000. It's everything I was looking for in a home and more. And best of all it needs nothing to move right in. Escrow closes on Feb. 13th. You can see some pictures of it at http://www.c21dancheney.com/6554lupine.htm

Here are a few more pictures of the property

My front yard.

View from my front gate

My back yard. We own the whole mountain behind us.
I may not have my Cherry, but I still have the Box it came in.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
Re: Bought a differnt house
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »
A whole mountain! :o  WOW!  It never occurred to me such a thing was possible!

If it ever snowed there, you could have so much fun

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
Sweeeet!
--dweez

Offline nouseforaname

• Neandertal
  • We all pace at our own lengths.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »
Looks very nice. Simple and has a good view. Wherever you that house is better get snow. Those hills look badass to go sledding on.

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »
Looking good,keep us updated. :)
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:02:47 AM »
It's gorgeous :)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
Wow,, im duly impressed.Need a butler?
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »
A whole mountain! :o  WOW!  It never occurred to me such a thing was possible!

If it ever snowed there, you could have so much fun
Actually it's below snow level. But it has been known to snow there for a day or so every few years. Tommy (my ol man) wants to buy a tractor and cut a flat road, traversing the mountain so we can build a shop on it. He also wants to put a go cart track around the front of the property. He is a good welder and builds motors. He wants to build a couple of fast go carts. I just want to do some farming. I love to can, make jellies and dry fruit.  So, Tommy will definitely get his tractor. The hard part is going to be moving. We have two 10x30ft storage's full of house stuff, a 10x20ft storage full of tools and a garage full of tools too. And then there's the vehicles; an 88' Oldsmobile, an 83' Dodge Ram 4x4, a 69' El Camino SS, a 64' Falcon Sprint, a motorcycle trailer, 4 Harley's and a 31ft motor home.  That's a lot of 3 hour drives each way. The worse part is I have never drove the motor home or pulled a trailer. My peripheral vision sucks, so I wont be learning to drive them either. The Sprint is Tommys first car and I would be too nervous to drive it. It's bad enough I hit the front fender of the El Camino with my bike a few years ago. I locked up the back brake on the wet lawn and creamed right into the El Camino, one week after he painted it. That night I knew Tommy really loved me when all he said was "At least you didn't get hurt." Boy, I sure wish there were some magic way we could get all our stuff up to the new house without dozens of trips back and forth. On the good side, I'm sure to loose a few pounds and tighten the ol body up lifting hauling all our stuff up there. Just got the escrow papers today and escrow closes on Feb. 9th.

Robin, don't think we'll need a butler, but if you're ever out this way... my door's always open and the guest room will be there for you. Bring your guns, you can teach us how to play golf (your way.)

Offline nouseforaname

• Neandertal
  • We all pace at our own lengths.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »
Wow,, im duly impressed.Need a butler?
I say, I say, I'll be obliged to work for you, madam.
Spoiler (hover to show)

<edit> ficksed your image </edit>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:43:07 AM by smokester »

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 12:44:18 AM »
a bargain compared to the uk prices.

looks great.
with all that land i'd be growing home produce and selling in a small shop.
maybe a small orchard as well.
ever though of B/B  ;D
book me and the family in.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 01:35:28 PM »

Robin, don't think we'll need a butler, but if you're ever out this way... my door's always open and the guest room will be there for you. Bring your guns, you can teach us how to play golf (your way.)

You got a deal ! lmao.
Um,, funny thing though,, Im headed to California in June for a couple weeks,, I got booked in LA for a couple shows and I h ave to visit some relatives,, I may take you up on the guest room offer if its still good then.
I keep my standards low.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »
a bargain compared to the uk prices.

looks great.
with all that land i'd be growing home produce and selling in a small shop.
maybe a small orchard as well.
ever though of B/B  ;D
book me and the family in.
That's exactly what I plan on doing with some of the land. I enjoy making jellies, jams, salsa's, pickles and a variety of other home grown canning. I like dry my own fruits and make my own olives. Some of the first additions to the yard will be a couple of apricot trees, a peach tree, a Bing cherry tree, a Santa Rosa plum tree, blueberries and raspberries. Once my trees mature I might even submit some of my home made goodies in the local county fair. They will recognize my last name as my mom and dad tend to take home a blue ribbon or two every year. I didn't realize how much I missed my garden till I sold my house last May. My parents think I'm crazy, but they love it when I come to visit them, because every time I'm over I start pruning their trees and weeding their yard.  Funny how when I had to do it, it was always a chore. But, now I've come to realize that my time working in the yard has always been my peace of mind "Time with God."

We get the keys to the house on Feb. 14th. It will be our Valentines present to ourselves. For now the wait is driving me nuts. I can't stop thinking about everything we have to do move and how we are going to go about it all.  I swear, I'm even moving in my dreams. Thank God for Xanax! The new house is 3 1/2 hours from here and it will take quite a few trips to get all our vehicles and property moved. The main thing is to empty out our storage and get rid of the $800.00 a month storage payments ASAP.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »
And you need a butler/gtoundskeeper too.
 Ill work cheap.. lol
I keep my standards low.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »

Well, we are officially in our new home now.  We took possession of the house on Valentine's day.  Mom and Dad came up and helped scrub the kitchen and bathroom our first day here.  (Thanks, Mom and Dad) It is so peaceful and beautiful here.  It's almost spring and wild flowers are blooming all over. I can't believe this is our home. Dreams do come true! The nights up here are beautiful. Lots of stars.  We heard wild boar up the hill our first night here and last night I heard an owl screeching. We've already learned the importance of always closing the doors  behind you. Tommy and I had to catch a big old blue belly lizard that was in our living room the second day here and we had to catch a toad that was in the garage yesterday.  Had to sleep our first couple of nights on the floor, but we bought a new bed at Sams Club last night. It's a little firm, but I'm sure it will be broke in, in no time.  There's lots of work to do. Tommy mowed the front yard a couple of days ago. It took him three and a half hours on the riding lawn mower.  Yes, our front yard is that big. But, Tommy is having a ball with his new riding mower. (Wonder if he's ever going to let me play with it.) We trimmed trees this morning.  I pruned the olive tree  and Tommy took the chainsaw to a few diseased branches of the big oak tree in the back yard.  I still need to prune all the citrus in the lower yard.  They can wait till after we get moved in.  The apple and peach tree have started to flower, so I can't prune them back this year.  I will just have to keep an eye on them and pull some of the fruit off to keep the branches from getting too heavy and braking.  Tommy also mended fences today. We need to paint all the walls inside the house before we move everything in.  So, we pushed the big move out a week.  Tommy shampooed all the carpets our first day here. I've been lining cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and bathrooms  and cleaning light fixtures.  It's suppose to start raining tonight. They say we are in for a few wet days.  Mom said it poured down in Fresno, but so far we've only had a few sprinkles. Good time to wash the walls.  Mom and Dad bought us a Shark steam pocket mop for a house warming gift.  Since it's county and not in the city limits we can shoot our guns out here. Tommy shot a gopher this afternoon with my 22 rifle. That's one less gopher to get into the vegetable garden.  I tried it out today and boy is it an awesome way to clean floors. No scrubbing needed.   That's all for now. Think I'll go take a long soak in the tub and crash early tonight.

Wild flowers growing in my back yard.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
YARD thats not a yard its a grassland savanna

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »
You ought to see what my backyard looks like too,, its a forest
I keep my standards low.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »
We haven't brought our two cats up yet. We're waiting till we get all moved in. But, I'm a little worried about their safety here. I was talking to one of my neighbors up her and he said in the 15 years he has been living up here he has had 44 cats go missing. He also told me about another of my neighbors who's rottweiler had puppies. The guy and his wife were sitting in their back yard with the puppies and a coyote jumped over their fence, grabbed a puppy and took off back over the fence and was gone with the puppy before they could do anything about it. Seems the coyotes enjoy eating the puppies and cats up here. I want to keep the cats indoors and put a cat door in so they can use the cat box out in the garage, but my ol man says no way. His cat is real good at opening cabinets and drawers and likes to pull everything out of them. Problem is, she doesn't put everything back when she's done. She is also very vindictive and will scratch up his car covers when she gets pissed at him. It will be interesting figuring out what we are going to do to keep our cats safe. We are very attached to them and would be devastated if we lost them.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
My ex wife let coyotes get my cat, Schrodenger.
We got them bad here too. We have coyote hunts in the spring and summer.
I keep my standards low.