Author Topic: Boys in blue  (Read 28482 times)

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
Re: Boys in blue
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
Got a letter from the Procurator Fiscal today.

10th of June I go to court.

I was thinking about going just to hear what they are saying about me, but I will plead guilty by letter. Don't what to talk myself into 30 days.  ;D

The big day in court was yesterday, waited with my nose pressed to the window all day waiting for the mailman. Nothing.

So I phoned the court to see what the out come was, just to make sure I didn't get banned, so I could still drive.

The court told me, that the case wasn't heard yesterday because the Procurator Fiscal had made a mistake and send it to the wrong district court and that I would have sat there from 09.30 to 5.00 waiting for nothing, he gave me the phone num for the Fiscal.

I live in East Ayrshire and was charge in East Ayrshire, but the Fiscal sent me to South Ayrshire District Court.

So I phoned the Fiscal, after being put on hold for a while until they found the paperwork, he said it didn't go to court because there was a problem with my license, I only gave them the paper part. I told him it was an old one issued in 1984, so he goes and checks the photocopy "your right" he said, "it is an old one".

So they are sending out a new citation for East Ayrshire District Court and I have to fill out all the stuff again and send it back to the same office that made an arse of it in the first place. I told he that they still had my license, "we haven't got it, it was sent the court". I told him that the guy at the court never said anything about them having it and should I go get it from the court or from them, "I don't know, we'll have to look into this, it has never happen before"

So I don't know who has my license or if they have lost it.  :-\

Told my dad about what happened, he thinks it should get thrown out of court and that I should see a lawyer.

I wish now I hadn't phoned as they have only 6 months to bring the case to court and there is about 2 months away already, but my call will probably speed things up now.  :-\

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 10:16:55 AM »
Does that mean if they cannot locate your licence, that they will issue you one of those piddling little photo ID ones?  I still have the big old paper one as I'll be damned if I want one of the newer ones, not that I currently own a vehicle of any sorts.

Fingers crossed they won't pursue the case through embarrassment.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
Does that mean if they cannot locate your licence, that they will issue you one of those piddling little photo ID ones?  I still have the big old paper one as I'll be damned if I want one of the newer ones, not that I currently own a vehicle of any sorts.

Fingers crossed they won't pursue the case through embarrassment.

I hope so.  :-\

I tried to change my address on it as it was still under my Dad addy, but have to send a signed photo and get an ID one. You can use your passport number, but mine is an old one without the chip, so I have to send my passport and a photo away. I didn't want one of the new either, but looks like I'm gone to get one.

My biggest worry was getting fined for not changing my address on my license, it will be a bigger fine then the speeding one.  :-\

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »
My biggest worry was getting fined for not changing my address on my license, it will be a bigger fine then the speeding one.  :-\

Mine is, and always has been registered at my mother's place.  I have been nicked many times for various traffic offences and they always say "you know it's an offence to not have your current address on your licence?", but they have never nicked me for it?  Considering that they have nicked me because the split pin in my wheel bolt had fallen out, I figure they don't much care about the address thing?

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 10:43:01 AM »
That was the funny thing when I got busted, they didn't ask to see my license or to hand it in to the cop shop, only if I had one unless that's all on the Database to.  :-\

I sent it away to get change that afternoon straight after I got nicked, but they sent it back because of the photo thing. Then I was going to court or not as the case turned out.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 05:47:55 PM »
I had a ticket once that was done a similar way. It got dropped in court since they didnt have all the info they needed.
Of course the judge was a freind of the family and all.
My brother got ticketed and the issuing officer refused to show up in court since he was on a hunting trip. The case was thrown out of court.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
  • ALTAR GIRL & Secretary to the Mostly High Rev. AJ
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 01:15:53 AM »
So you don't have to renew your license every few years?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 02:26:53 AM »
So you don't have to renew your license every few years?

My current one was issued in 1990, and doesn't expire until 2034.

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 06:04:04 AM »
44 years?! I was happy when I didn't have to renew mine for 5 years!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 06:14:47 AM »
44 years?! I was happy when I didn't have to renew mine for 5 years!

You have to renew your licence when you turn 70, so they could last up to 53 years depending on when you passed your test.

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
I was talking to a lawyer today and said that the Fiscal had 6 months to bring the case to court from the date of the offense which was on the 31st of April, so hopefully they'll drag their heels a bit and it will be to late to go to court again.  :-\

Or is that wishful thinking.  :-\

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
It what ever you want it to be my friend.......

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 12:39:59 PM »
Aye, I know.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have luck at all.  ;D

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
Oh hush.....I was only teasing. If you were in the states I would have to go with this ^ theory but I dont know about your neck of the woods. Either way, I wish you luck.  ;D

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »
They don't extremely efficient to date. If they continue handling your case in the same way you may not have to worry. :D