Site Related > Site Suggestions

Buy, Sell, Trade or Barter

(1/4) > >>

HDAngel:
We are all feeling the crunch of the current economic times. I've noticed that more and more people are buying used, trading and bartering for the things they want or need. What about adding a Classified Ads area. Members can list things they want to sell, trade or barter for. We could even list things we are looking for. I know I have boxes and boxes of computer parts left over from past upgrades I've done. I have lots of computer stuff that I have no idea how I acquired them. We don't have to keep it to just computer parts, I'm sure we have many artistic people that wouldn't mind listing some of there creations here. Since we live all over the world we would need to list where we are located to figure out if something is worth shipping it would cost us. But for those who live close to one another, maybe someone would be willing to trade something they no longer need for babysit or something like that. One man's junk is another man's treasure! 

smokester:
It costs an arm and a leg to ship stuff to the U.S.

There is a system for trading in SMF, but it can be a bit serious if you have Trader ratings turned on, a bit like Karma.

HDAngel:

--- Quote from: indie180 on April 03, 2009, 06:45:51 PM ---Never shipped anything to the US.

That looks like E-Bay feedback.

We have already knocked backed the Karma thing.  :-\

--- End quote ---
I know it's a bit unrealistic, but I would like to think everyone is as fair and honest as I am. Yes, the word sucker flashes in bright neon colors across my forehead.  ;D

smokester:

--- Quote from: indie180 on April 03, 2009, 06:45:51 PM ---Never shipped anything to the US.
That looks like E-Bay feedback.
We have already knocked backed the Karma thing.  :-\
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't consider the feedback things, nor the trader mod in general.  But it does show the example of how these forums can be set up in such a way, and if trading did become popular then it would be better working from a dedicated child forum of this one with that mod and the feedback perhaps? As I'm sure all feedback would be positive knowing our lot.

--- Quote from: HDAngel on April 03, 2009, 08:36:51 PM ---I know it's a bit unrealistic, but I would like to think everyone is as fair and honest as I am. Yes, the word sucker flashes in bright neon colors across my forehead.  ;D
--- End quote ---

I believe trust is well placed here at Diasfora.

knownassociate:

--- Quote from: smokester on April 04, 2009, 05:19:39 AM ---
I believe trust is well placed here at Diasfora.

--- End quote ---

QFT!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version