Author Topic: SMASH DOWN  (Read 4246 times)

Offline MisterAJ

• Rt Hon Reverend AJ
  • Homo Superior
  • Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
SMASH DOWN
« on: April 29, 2009, 12:50:43 PM »
New game I stumbled upon...

SMASH DOWN!!!

http://smashdown.sevengames.com/main/?

Smash down is a on-line boxing game...

You manage your fighter (train him, etc.), and then you either challenge someone, or someone challenges you...

You assign 7 offensive moves pr. fight, and 7 defensive moves.

Example:

3 first Assigned offensive moves:

Jab left - Jab left - Jab right

3 first defensive moves:

head Right - Head right - Head left

In the fight, both players have preset both their 7 off. and their 7 def. moves, so the computer AI just mashes them up against each other.

Each boxer does one offensive move at a time, and then that attack is measured up against the opponent's defensive move.

As you can see, my defensive moves are a mirror of my attacks, meaning I'm betting my opponent will attack me the same way I do...

That never works... It's all a bit random, but fun...
The animations are good. the "Fights" are somewhat spellbinding...

But be warned:
 This is a game from SevenGames, and they DO have a pay option, so there will be super-boxers there...
I play for free, and I enjoy it...
 I had a BUNCH of losses to begin with, but thats because I didn't know where to turn off the "accept challenges",
and hadn't fully understood the fact that if you are challenged, and don't prep your fights, you lose by default... :D
So never skip a prep: the worst thing that can happen is that you lose after all...

Anyways:

Here's a few tips...

- Training. Don't start fighting,  start training. Training gives you access to more moves (Uppercuts, Low Blows, Etc.)
                        You should also consider buying a level 2 gym. it's gonna cost you a inclining amount of in-game-money
                        (2000$ for lvl 2, 3000 for lvl 3, etc.), but you start of with 200.000 in-game-$$$... So go for it...
- KO recovery Be careful when it comes to buying these. Yes, you recover from 1, 2, etc. KO's, BUT: you don't get up
                        with a full health bar, and that could be money out the window...

More if I learn something new...
But this is a time consuming game (training sessions take 90 min.), so you may wanna do like me: Just let it run in the background while your
boxer is training up a few levels of fitness, and go check out the boards over here...  ;)

And yes: you can challenge specific players... ;) ;) ;)

Enjoy...