Author Topic: I want this...  (Read 121846 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: I want this...
« Reply #510 on: September 30, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »
ANPR is rolled out on mass (for ULEZ) a lot of people will have to clean up their act.
is this just for London ??
Better routes if not separate routes.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #511 on: October 03, 2018, 03:52:41 AM »
Listening to you young folk is like learning a whole 'nother language. Something to do with National Public Radio and gender fluidity amongst females? I don't know - I give up.

I think that's another game.

In all honesty, where is the commandment that says "thou shalt not pollute the living crap out of the planet"? That'd been useful going forward.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2018, 04:33:05 PM »
The planet doesn't give a flying fig, it will survive. It is only people that will suffer.

The planet doesn't give a fig if you shag your neighbour's wife either, or if you nick his garden gnome.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #513 on: October 04, 2018, 03:04:48 PM »
You would be surprised.

I most certainly would.

You know, classic cars get a free pass for ULE zones, but classic motorbikes do not.

That's another missed commandment, right there.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #514 on: October 05, 2018, 05:03:36 AM »
"Thou shalt not drive thy knackered old vincent black shadow in Ken's exclusion zone" doesn't quite have the right ring about it.

One wonders if dinosaurs had invented the internal combustion engine and polythene if they would have successfully dominated the planet for 100 million years, when humans can barely make 10,000 without trying to wipe themselves out.

;D ;D ;D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »
"Thou shalt not drive thy knackered old vincent black shadow in Ken's exclusion zone" doesn't quite have the right ring about it.

One wonders if dinosaurs had invented the internal combustion engine and polythene if they would have successfully dominated the planet for 100 million years, when humans can barely make 10,000 without trying to wipe themselves out.

Funny that in the U.S., we call it polyethylene.  It's what Tupperware is made of.  And it's sort of comical that the fuel we use to run those IC engines is basically composed of rotted dinosaurs.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #516 on: October 05, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »
I thought it was mostly plankton? And the dinosaur thing is one of those things we learn in school that is actually made up, like the pilgrims being nice people?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #517 on: October 05, 2018, 11:02:28 PM »
I looked it up.  You're right:  phytoplankton & zooplankton (some plankton are plants and others animals, apparently) are most likely the source. 

Having never met pilgrims, I wouldn't know, but they seemed pretty devout and restrictive, so I'm pretty sure I would not find them particularly fun to hang out with.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #518 on: October 05, 2018, 11:43:33 PM »
There's a book, lies my teachers told me. I don't know how much of it is reactionary cowpoo, but it was both amusing and horrifying to read the "real" story about the pilgrims. They ate dead people!

I want a decent pot pie. I used to buy the Banquet frozen ones, but first the meat disappeared, then the veggies, and finally it was more of a broth pocket.

The grocery shrink ray is truly evil.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #519 on: October 06, 2018, 04:49:39 AM »
I used to make pot pies.  I'd make a big batch of dough and roll it out, layering it with wax paper, until I assembled the pies.  I had a bunch of those little individual aluminum pie pans.  I used three fillings:  I'd use leftover rotisserie chicken, cut into cubes, & would make a basic white sauce (butter, flour & half & half or milk), and sauté some diced onions, celery, carrots & mushrooms with some frozen peas.  I'd layer these into the bottom pie shell, and then cover it with the second, poking holes in the top.  These freeze well and take about 45 minutes to bake (from freezer to table).  They're so good.  I'd make a ton of them at once, & freeze them, as they were so labor intensive.  But they beat the pants off anything you can get at the store.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #520 on: October 06, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »
I bet the sodium level is lower then Marie Calderon  put pies.. I love a good chicken pot pie

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #521 on: October 07, 2018, 12:50:59 AM »
I used to make pot pies.  I'd make a big batch of dough and roll it out, layering it with wax paper, until I assembled the pies.  I had a bunch of those little individual aluminum pie pans.  I used three fillings:  I'd use leftover rotisserie chicken, cut into cubes, & would make a basic white sauce (butter, flour & half & half or milk), and sauté some diced onions, celery, carrots & mushrooms with some frozen peas.  I'd layer these into the bottom pie shell, and then cover it with the second, poking holes in the top.  These freeze well and take about 45 minutes to bake (from freezer to table).  They're so good.  I'd make a ton of them at once, & freeze them, as they were so labor intensive.  But they beat the pants off anything you can get at the store.

any left, i am a sucker for pies  :D :D

messing with my old psp 3000 and sons original psp.
Cannot find any games  / movies in second hand shops but plenty on ebay. About to but Fawlty towers series 1  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #522 on: January 19, 2019, 12:37:14 AM »
A new Wet suit, A little weird but my old one is too big and I have decided to purchase a decnt suit that cost a lot more but fits  ;D ;D  off to the Mumbles at New Year and the hostel is on the beach so i know we will be swimming  ???.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #523 on: January 19, 2019, 02:50:34 AM »
What do you look for in a wetsuit? Every brand I've bought but Bodyglove have been poo, and my summer suit vanished in a move. The price doesn't look too bad from a quick googs.

The PSP 3000, Eh, I bought one but rarely used it. Loved the 2001 model for it's mod ability and the 1000 was just as moddable. I think I played more Pokémon on those two then I ever did on a Nintendo console :P

3000 somehow stimied me as far as getting it set up, but talking about THAT would probably be frowned on. I know you posted about it quite a time ago, but PSP's tend to sit on shelves quite nicely, don't they?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2019, 12:57:48 AM »
What do you look for in a wetsuit? Every brand I've bought but Bodyglove have been poo, and my summer suit vanished in a move. The price doesn't look too bad from a quick googs.
Body boarding - not too fussed about / Sea swimming+gorge walking+Cliff jumping (not too high)+wild river walking and if it comes about We are trying to Kayak the grand Caledonian canal so would take for a Loch swim.

3000 somehow stimied me as far as getting it set up, but talking about THAT would probably be frowned on. I know you posted about it quite a time ago, but PSP's tend to sit on shelves quite nicely, don't they?
;D ;D so true I have a few games but as my arthritis causes my hands (thumbs especially) to feel like jelly (jello) I as you state correctly mess with films then put it back on the shelf till i stumble upon it again :D :D :D