Author Topic: The Obligatory What Are You Listening to Now? Thread  (Read 177567 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: The Obligatory What Are You Listening to Now? Thread
« Reply #962 on: June 19, 2019, 12:36:10 AM »
Awaiting the new The Black Keys album but ATM Declassified podcasts.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #963 on: June 21, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »
This electronic mix of seek and destroy is pissing me off because I keep expecting the original song to start, and the sample cuts off at "Alright!"

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #964 on: June 29, 2019, 01:12:13 AM »
listening to Ross Edgley  podcasts

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #965 on: June 30, 2019, 12:43:49 AM »
Static-X apparently played a show on the 23rd.

It's the usual live recording annoyances, you want people to put their damn cell phones down, but if they did, the video wouldn't exist, the sound gets somewhat garbled by the less than impressive cell mic, you get pissed you couldn't be at the show yourself, and the perpetual, you want a slider to shut the audience the golly up.

Still pretty good. I read the guy in the mask is the singer from dope, but he does a hell of a job. Not trying to ape Wayne Static, but still being faithful to the songs themselves.

And he pogo jumps through the hell disco just fine. I always felt Disturbed got the fame Static-X deserved. Deftones kinda got screwed that way too. Great stuff, but not "mainstream" enough.

I also wish I could remove "down with the sickness" from all the mixes on youtube. I am no longer down with the sickness, and wish for a cure.

The cure is still good too.

I shoot the poo with a guy who does youtube mixes, and he said he's gonna try and put less disturbed in his mix. He's replaced them with MSI, which I think is a pretty good choice.

And then there's the witchhouse. I'm still listening to witchhouse, but it's really starting to get samish. Slowed down pop song #43, annoying trap section, Yelling kazoo lady. I get a lot of hearts and likes when I complain about yelling kazoo lady.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #966 on: July 06, 2019, 12:26:34 AM »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #967 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »
that swoop shot over the typewriters, that shows more love for the series than season 8.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #968 on: July 11, 2019, 09:37:51 PM »
Yeah.  Can't say I thought much about the way they struggled to tie up loose ends, particularly the personality transplants that they imposed in order to create some deranged logic that would excuse the dogs breakfast they made of people like Danaerys and even Jon Snow to a lesser extent. 

They should have saved the money they lavished on the last episode and used it for some more beneficial purpose.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #969 on: July 12, 2019, 07:01:50 AM »
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-real-reason-fans-hate-the-last-season-of-game-of-thrones/

I have also read the books and had attributed the failure of the last season to Hollywood writers taking over and applying standard melodrama to the characters.  This seems to have been the case, with much of the plot development not making much sense.

The writer of this article does a far better job of explaining the shift than I could have done.  It does make me curious to know how Martin will make those shifts in character in the final book, if indeed the author of this piece is correct.  I already found the mating of Jon Snow and Danaerys somewhat contrived.  It seemed more a case of "here's two good looking good guys who have not yet hooked up, so why don't we try that for a while?" than there is a compelling reason for it to happen in the arc of the story.

I'm listening to early morning birds.  It's only just light, the time when the color of the vines on the fence turns from dark grey to green.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:19:49 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #970 on: July 14, 2019, 12:09:32 AM »
You had a lot of interesting points up there about the bands you had mentioned 8ully.  I'm a little tired to respond with more content here.
I've been listening to a lot of doom metal and j cole 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #972 on: August 07, 2019, 11:24:00 PM »
Tool. Can we fold this back, end all of reality since the last Tool? I know stopping 9/11 would be greedy, but even just going back to 2006, maybe we couldn't fix everything, but we'd be warned.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #973 on: September 10, 2019, 03:05:48 AM »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #974 on: September 25, 2019, 09:57:53 AM »
I'll bet this guy has no problem swapping new batteries into his Apple devices.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:15:56 PM by 6pairsofshoes »