Re: Prom
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 02:46:37 AM »
Agreed, wanna know.

So we can avoid.

Offline jacktheripper305

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »
I think the problem started with the fact that we sort of paired up out of necessity, rather than a desire to spend the evening together. Our group of friends pretty much all had dates, so we were defaulted to go with each other.

She wasn't so much shitty as she was boring. We didn't really hang out, or talk, or really do much of anything. I ended up spending most of the night with my other friend (who is now my girlfriend  ;D) and without her. I'm only good at dancing when I'm drunk, and I wasn't drunk at the prom  :-[ >:(.

We were good friends before prom, and became better friends later down the road (prom had nothing to do with it though).

The major problem was that the night, and her being my date wasn't particularly memorable. The whole night can be summed up by the word 'meh'

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 12:56:09 AM »
Ah.

Then you should be thankful she was boring or you wouldn't have spent the night with your now girlfriend.

She was a fabulous date then, right? 

Offline jacktheripper305

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:39 PM »
indeed, I suppose theres an upside to everything  ;D

Yea, my now girlfriend was my homecoming date, which was before we were dating. Now that was fun night, despite the fact that I wasn't drinking.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »
Be greatful you went and have some memories of your prom. I was too busy selling drugs, raising hell and being a bad a** lil biker chic to go to my prom.  Those are memories I will never have. I made sure my daughter went to all her formal dances. Even bought her a different formal for each dance. (Thank God for second hand stores) My point is there are some experiences that only come once in your life. Don't let them pass by you.
I may not have my Cherry, but I still have the Box it came in.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »
I never went to prom and i dont regret it, I didn't like those people much anyways. i mostly hung out with the teachers and other staff at my school.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »
And taking a teacher to prom is usually frowned upon in most school systems.  :o
 ;D  ;D

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »
I had a classmate who didn't go to prom for religious reasons.

And didn't participate in any other school activity because these were "worldly."

A few years later, he got disillusioned, lost faith and is now regretting all the high school and college fun he missed.  He made up for it in the span of a couple of years though.

He's now officially crazy.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »
Pretty in Pink

Remember Iona's quote? This is why you should go to the prom:

Iona: I have this girlfriend who didn't go to hers, and every once in a while, she gets this really terrible feeling--you know, like something is missing. She checks her purse, and then she checks her keys. She counts her kids, she goes crazy, and then she realizes that nothing is missing. She decided it was side effects from skipping the prom.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:14:56 PM by ohcheap1 »

Offline jacktheripper305

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
I had a classmate who didn't go to prom for religious reasons.

And didn't participate in any other school activity because these were "worldly."

A few years later, he got disillusioned, lost faith and is now regretting all the high school and college fun he missed.  He made up for it in the span of a couple of years though.

He's now officially crazy.

sounds like he wisened up to me...

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 01:12:15 AM »
He also needs professional help.

But yeah, he wisened up.