Author Topic: Pixar Love  (Read 62745 times)

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
Re: Pixar Love
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2009, 10:58:19 AM »
Maybe Incredibles features at the bottom of so many lists because it's the only one (that I've seen) whose main characters are people.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »
Well, UP and Ratatouille have humans. I will still watch any Pixar movie at anytime but I would not be as excited if it were my bottom 2. Like i said it was hard to put them in an order. They are all pretty freakin great films.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »
Well, UP and Ratatouille have humans. I will still watch any Pixar movie at anytime but I would not be as excited if it were my bottom 2. Like i said it was hard to put them in an order. They are all pretty freakin great films.

That's why I end up with ties for some of them...  ;D

And I think you pretty much nailed it about being able to watch them any time.  :)

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:47 PM »
So one other thing that Pixar puts into their flicks actually isn't in the film itself but the credits.

From Toy Story to Up, somewhere near the end of he credits, they will list the Production Babies, so if you don't stay for/get to watch the credits you might miss these. (Especially since they stopped doing bloopers which is kind of a bummer.) These are the children born to anyone involved with a particular project. I don't have the number from Up, yet, but from Toy Story to WALL●E 432 new people were brought into the world(!). Granted, it might be less than that if people works on multiple films and their baby appeared on several lists, but still...

Starting with a modest 23 for Toy Story:

A Bug's Life had 34 (and who're the parents that named their kid Shashank?):

Toy Story 2 only had 29, but it had a shorter development since most of the characters already existed:

We jump 20 to 49 for Monsters, Inc.:

We dip to only 43 for Finding Nemo:

But jump to 57 for The Incredibles:

But during Cars, Pixar got biz-zay! 76 children on the list, and I'm pretty sure the names listed at the bottom with the ampersands between are the sets of twins:

A mere 60 for Ratatouille ;):

And a measly 61 for WALL●E :P:

Like I said, I don't have the one from Up yet, but I imagine it's gotta be in the 50-60 range, too.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:43 AM »
All this proves they are a big family.  :)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2009, 03:04:32 AM »
either that or their into orgies

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2009, 07:44:08 AM »
Who isn't?
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2009, 07:49:58 AM »
either that or their into orgies

Who isn't?

^^ Thanks bunches for that. Now I have 'Toy Story 3 - The Uncut Version' scenarios running through my head >_<

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »
That's really interesting that Cars is #1. Most adults I know thought it was boring.

I think the idea was valid, I did think it wasn't as memorable as the others.

And.. for some reason I think Nemo is sad... even though I like it.. and like everyone in it.. So I put it farther down on the list then most people. I don't even know why it makes me feel that way. And, I put The Incredibles higher then most people. I'd have to think more on it before I put them in a firm order.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2009, 09:42:47 AM »
^^ Thanks bunches for that. Now I have 'Toy Story 3 - The Uncut Version' scenarios running through my head >_<

I'd love to see a video of that...  :P

And.. for some reason I think Nemo is sad... even though I like it.. and like everyone in it.. So I put it farther down on the list then most people. I don't even know why it makes me feel that way. And, I put The Incredibles higher then most people. I'd have to think more on it before I put them in a firm order.

That is unusual about Nemo, I mean it definitely has its dour moments, but overall I think it's a very positive flick, not that I'm saying you're wrong to feel the way you do.

Have you ever seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I'm one of the few people I know of the doesn't see the end of that film as depressing. So it can happen to anyone...  :)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2009, 09:46:56 AM »
That is unusual about Nemo, I mean it definitely has its dour moments, but overall I think it's a very positive flick, not that I'm saying you're wrong to feel the way you do.

I know.. it's weird. And.. it all turns out fine. But, if I think aout watching it..I' probably pick something else. It was emotional to me in a moe melancholy way then some of the others... maybe that's all. So, it's harder to sit though certain sad moments in it. Where.. something like Monsters Inc doesn't make me sad.

Have you ever seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I'm one of the few people I know of the doesn't see the end of that film as depressing. So it can happen to anyone... 

*snorts* I actually understand that. The concept of that movie in general makes people think... and I've heard really opposite opinions
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:49:01 AM by Skadi »

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2009, 10:05:21 AM »
*snorts* I actually understand that. The concept of that movie in general makes people think... and I've heard really opposite opinions

But the ending is beautiful.

Even after erasing each other from their respective memories, they still meet again and start over because they were meant to be together. That is so cool.  :)

Offline frankcapri

• Human
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2009, 10:50:33 AM »
I definitely agree with that.  To me that's one of the reasons I like that movie so much  :)

Again, fantastic job with the caps and eggs for these movies, Jack.  Awesome stuff  8)

Regarding Pixar, I don't understand why other production companies that make feature length
CGI movies screw it up so much and Pixar doesn't. 

I watched Monsters vs. Aliens a few days ago, and from the character design to the script/dialogue
it pales in comparison even to The Incredibles.  Most CGI animated movies I've seen that aren't
made by Pixar fail in the same way.  I don't understand why these other companies don't just
copy whatever formulas Pixar is using.  I wouldn't care if people said they were ripping off Pixar
because at least the movies would be better in quality.   
Size, it doesn't matter to me so long as I get it...Gotta go now.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
Again, fantastic job with the caps and eggs for these movies, Jack.  Awesome stuff  8)

And again, I appreciate you saying so...  ;D

Regarding Pixar, I don't understand why other production companies that make feature length
CGI movies screw it up so much and Pixar doesn't. 

I watched Monsters vs. Aliens a few days ago, and from the character design to the script/dialogue
it pales in comparison even to The Incredibles.  Most CGI animated movies I've seen that aren't
made by Pixar fail in the same way.  I don't understand why these other companies don't just
copy whatever formulas Pixar is using.  I wouldn't care if people said they were ripping off Pixar
because at least the movies would be better in quality.   

Have you ever watched any of the interviews with John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton and the crew?

You can really see and hear their enthusiasm when they talk about the movies, and in some cases can really tell that they care very deeply about the characters in the film and making sure the story is logical and works. They have rewritten their flicks entirely based on the fact that they run into a place where the story falls apart or some aspect becomes more interesting than one they'd started with. Other studios would just press on and make it 'work' somehow and not care too much that it didn't.

If you see the flick 9, you'll know what I'm getting at...

Also, some of Pixar's story ideas were in existence for years before they ever got around to realizing them. Apparently the ideas that became Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo and WALL●E all came about in the same lunch meeting and were written on the same napkin. So two flicks were partial ideas for over 10 years before they got made.

I think it's also because Pixar's sole focus is animation where the other animation houses are simply divisions of a bigger studio.

In my opinion, Pixar makes the universes of their films 3 dimensional before they even render a frame of animation and that gives each one the depth and character it needs to be believable and engrossing.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2009, 06:53:34 AM »
But the ending is beautiful.

Even after erasing each other from their respective memories, they still meet again and start over because they were meant to be together. That is so cool.  :)

True. ..er.. or not >_<  I'm not a good judge of that movie. My ideas shift about having that option in real life. I agree thought that it was a happy ending.

You can really see and hear their enthusiasm when they talk about the movies, and in some cases can really tell that they care very deeply about the characters in the film and making sure the story is logical and works. They have rewritten their flicks entirely based on the fact that they run into a place where the story falls apart or some aspect becomes more interesting than one they'd started with. Other studios would just press on and make it 'work' somehow and not care too much that it didn't.

^ I totally agree with that, and it shows. And it's why we get attatched emotionally to their movies. Even well thought out little choices. Like.. I'm sure one of the reasons I liked The Incredibles is because Sarah Vowell did Violet's voice. And also why Wall-E is so good. It wasn't slapped together based on market research of what would be trending for the next season.