Author Topic: Frank Darabont is the writer/director of "The Walking Dead"  (Read 3836 times)

Offline jackalope21

• Homo Superior
  • Stalking Kristen Bell
Frank Darabont is the writer/director of "The Walking Dead"
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:06:47 AM »

Not sure to put this here or in comics.....really looking forward to this.....not sure if AMC is a good choice though

"The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Mist" director Frank Darabont is finalizing a rich development deal with cable network AMC ("Mad Men," "Breaking Bad") to pen and direct "The Walking Dead", a TV series adaptation of Robert Kirkman's graphic novel series says Variety.

The story is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes, in search of a safe place to live. The series will stay faithful to the tone of the original novels according to a network spokesman.

Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board to executive produce. No studio is attached yet.
"Misa Misa"

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
Re: Frank Darabont is the writer/director of "The Walking Dead"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »
Meh.

It could be good, but if it follows the comics for too long, it will also run into the same problems.  :-\

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
And since I know of none of the so called problems I would love to check it out. But horror themes are among my favorites too.  Do you recommend the comics as well Jackal?

Offline jackalope21

• Homo Superior
  • Stalking Kristen Bell
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »
And since I know of none of the so called problems I would love to check it out. But horror themes are among my favorites too.  Do you recommend the comics as well Jackal?

It really depends......It can get pretty gruesome (and not in a good way) ....check the first HC out at your library because that was the best

Kirkman isn't a very good writer, he can't really sustain a story.....His whole thing is "Boring.....Boring.....Boring.....SHOCKSHOCK......Boring......Boring.....Boring.....SHOCKSHOCK......Boring"....The whole later issues are built around shock endings and that gets old after awhile....It doesn't take a talented writer to change the status quo every arc

But like i said, the first HC is the best....the rest have been blah.....would be better if he had an ending in mind, now i get the feeling he is just cashing a check
"Misa Misa"

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »
It really depends......It can get pretty gruesome (and not in a good way) ....check the first HC out at your library because that was the best

Kirkman isn't a very good writer, he can't really sustain a story.....His whole thing is "Boring.....Boring.....Boring.....SHOCKSHOCK......Boring......Boring.....Boring.....SHOCKSHOCK......Boring"....The whole later issues are built around shock endings and that gets old after awhile....It doesn't take a talented writer to change the status quo every arc

But like i said, the first HC is the best....the rest have been blah.....would be better if he had an ending in mind, now i get the feeling he is just cashing a check

You and I have similar feelings about this series. I still get a copy for a friend so I read it before I give it to him, but I have not felt bad about dropping the title - nor badmouthing it.

Cheapy, TWD is a decent book for awhile, but gets kinda lame around issue #48.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »
Maybe tey wont write the lame parts in the movie.
Im looking forward to Zombie Land myself.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.