Author Topic: Amusing Spam Threats  (Read 10573 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Amusing Spam Threats
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2023, 08:48:41 AM »
I personally use Google workspace so I have craploads of cloud space if I need it. However, I also run Nextcloud on our home server so I (and anyone else I choose) can just upload to that and I can access the data locally.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2023, 05:57:56 AM »
I'm just trying to figure out what's taking up half of her google storage, from what I can see from checking it she's only got 500mb of files on there, which is far less than my email uses, and I'm at like, 1gb

Online 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2023, 08:13:32 AM »
I think they like to send those out regardless of how much space you've used.  I often get these threatening sounding emails in spam.  Once in a while it inspires me to clean out my email files.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2023, 12:38:43 PM »
If you haven't 8ullfrog, try emptying the trash. We're transitioning away from Google storage here where I work and a lot of people were surprised to find that the trash objects still count against their quota but isn't included in the "total used". So you look like you have space but actually don't.
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2023, 10:55:17 PM »
Her tablet literally hung when I tried to go backwards in time.

I logged in on my desktop.

It really is all emails, mostly "daily updates"

The San Diego Patch alone had 3,400 emails in her inbox.

Online 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2023, 09:41:03 AM »
The latest string of warnings:
Your (fill in the blank: Netflix; Peacock TV; Hulu TV) membership has expired!  Extend your membership, just give us all of your banking details...

Your system has been infected with (26) viruses

Lowes has been trying to reach me to give me a gift card

Your account has been flagged for suspicious activity...

And on the bodily failures front:
"When your butt doesn't smell like butt" (Lume Deodorant.  But how would I even know?  It's anatomically awkward to smell one's own butt).

If you are in a hurry "One Day Fat Removal" from Bello Lipo

Blissy wants to know:  "Do you wake up tired, with dry skin and damaged hair?"  Wow.  I hope not.

Online 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2023, 08:13:46 AM »
In today's regular emails.  Two messages from various stores saying the same thing:

"BLACK FRIDAY STARTS NOW!!!"  But it's Sunday.  Give it a rest, eh?

Online 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2024, 10:50:32 AM »
Relief for all the sad souls out there:
From "Message for you"  "Say goodbye to loneliness!"

and in order to stay connected, more good news,
Congratulations!  "30 seconds to a Free iPhone 15 Pro!"  Just fill in all your bank details and your security information, right?

And if you want to look your best, "Byte Invisible Braces" announces "Byte's Biggest Sale Ever!"  two of those messages from slightly different senders.  Hmmmm!  As orthodontia is expensive, I'm sure this will be welcome news to some.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2024, 03:29:59 PM »
Weirdly, virtually all of the spam I get now is just telling my I've won something or other. I do get the odd "failed to deliver" scam notification, but they are hardly threatening.

Bit boring, really.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Online 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2024, 09:10:42 AM »
Yeah.  If I could edit the topic title, I'd just call it "Amusing Spam" since most of what shows up amounts to feeble marketing attempts.  The threats are good but less frequent.

Today: Mr. William Harry writes to say, "Hello Dear, Your fund is ready to release without paying the fees..."
The actual email is pretty entertaining so I'll post it here.  In short, it sounds like they are offering me a free trip to Nigeria!  And possibly a new outfit PLUS history books!  How can I refuse!
Hello Dear,

How are you today? Sequel to the previous email that I sent to you regarding our transaction which we have not finalized due to lack of money to pay for the charges that will enable us conclude this transaction.

As a matter of all details, I have been able to discussed with my contact person where the funds is currently being lodge in Finance Security Firm as I really want us to finalize this transaction within this month which he gave me good news today that you will not spend any money from your pocket till you receive your funds.

In our series of discussion today, he made me to understand that what is required is to get oil that will be used to clean up the funds before releasing it to you either through cash or bank transfer and what you need is to have a valid international passport which you will use to go to where we will buy the oil as the bonafide beneficiary of the funds and bring it with some gifts like (clothes, shoes or history books) that will be given to the Officials in the Finance Security Firm.

Actually, you should note that it's my contact person will take care of your expenses both flight tickets and hotel accommodation so don't hesitate to get back to me as soon as you receive this message with copy of your valid international passport with the name of your nearest airport to enable us move forward towards conclusion of this transaction for you to receive your funds and start investments of your choice and thereby enjoys the fruits of your labour as God has answered our prayers. Thanks for your maximum co-operations and understanding towards conclusion of this transaction. Have a nice day and remain blessed.

Waiting for your urgent response.
Best regards,
Mr. William Harry.
NB: You are to reply this message to my private email address [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 09:19:45 AM by 6pairsofshoes »