Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 331713 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »
Money is a necessary evil.  It has me taking accounting classes.

I hope you will turn things around and flourish, as I know you work hard and deserve it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2018, 10:47:54 PM »
Dell stalking me yo. I made the mistake of commenting on an ad, talking about how I always told family not to buy Dell, and then they selectively listened and bought Dell.

Told them I was very happy with my 690, despite the fact the foreward panel is bashed out (Laythy mailed me this beast for free)

Now Dell Bot wants me to buy a new computer. I don't wanna. This might be useful if I did, but holy poo.

Like maybe I'd ask why crucial's ram scanner won't run, but it's a bot.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2018, 10:51:48 AM »
My parakeet really likes Johnny Marr.  Who knew?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2018, 07:12:08 PM »
My dog hates me, but loves singing. weird stuff.

I had a 50/50 on neighbors. One asked to borrow my blender, I told her it was a piece of poo, but she knew that from my cooking. She gave me tacos!

Then, when bringing laundry up, I got a near WWE level challenge. "YOU DONE WITH THE LAUNDRY ROOM"?

No, I was not done with the laundry room, I was just carrying that dryer load up. Challenger was pretty cool after that, dunno why the initial CHALLENGE!

I mean I'm not an imposing dude. I'm 5'7.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
It's gotten really cold up here.  Probably down in the 40's at night.  Move to Cali has turned me into a weather wimp.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2018, 09:47:30 PM »
Roommate has respiratory infection again, which he will treat with Nyquil, AGAIN.

Which means I will soon be sick.

Why the hell is IMDB such poo? I just want a simple synopsis, not trailers for the Rock's latest shitfest jammed between cast listings and stupid trivia.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2018, 12:24:44 PM »
Merry Chrismas to this lovely group people here.  I'm so grateful to know you.
The children are here with me, the tree looks warm and we will open presents in the morning after having dinner tonight.  Peace to you all.  Love you Six and 8ully.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »
Christmas has been slow to get started here in London this year. Shops were pretty easy to negotiate with no more than 2 people in front of you at any checkout.

Feels weird to be honest. However, I think I have more than enough booze to put that right..

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2018, 08:08:10 PM »
I went out and bought a bottle of whiskey for meself, and some beer for mom. Dude in front of me in line was SCREAMING about having to use his phone number to get his discount. He turned and called me something nasty in Spanish, so I told him he's lucky I don't speak Spanish. That spooked him, he shut up and finished his transaction. Like I heard your tone just fine, shitbag. I know you weren't complimenting my sweatshirt.

And my little joke for the teller that I was buying Christmas cheer and Christmas beer felt flat, but she actually had a question about the whiskey, so I got to tell her it's less sour than Jack Daniels, and it's half the price.

Still wouldn't recommend it to others. (Evan Williams) Well booze at best.

Thank you for your thoughts Bea, we didn't have a tree here, but I'll certainly be warm soon. heh.

Now if my neighbors would just die or loose electricity, that would be grand. That Oompha oompha music might sound great at about half volume, and if this was a Mexican food restaurant, and not, you know, an apartment building where you have neighbors.

Roomie has bravely stated if they've not wrapped it up by nine, he'll give them what for. He won't, but it's funny to hear him say it.

We had Christmas nachos. Pretty easy recipe, I'll pop it over in food. Nothing truly seasonal about them, but it is Christmas time.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »
Merry Christmas, Bea.

I made Chana Masala, basmati rice and some steamed green beans for dinner.  I was tired today, but finished my exams yesterday.  So not much excitement.  The neighbors will have their annual potluck dinner tomorrow night so we'll go.  We're still turkeyed out from Thanksgiving so we're having a vegetarian pasta meal for Christmas.  I hope you all have a wonderful time with family and friends.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »
New York just got deathrayed. In reality, it's a con-ed power station exploding. But it looks just like the death ray in independence day, and given the location, I expect the Chitauri invasion to start soon. YouTube has some crazy videos.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:09:26 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2019, 09:44:08 PM »
tarascon writes from Michigan to say hello and Happy New Year.  He still relies on the internet sessions at the library so hasn't time to drop in here, but passes along his well wishes.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2019, 03:33:19 PM »
I miss tarascon. He's such a civil chap. Wish him well from me when next you write.

I'm having a lot of poo in my life at the moment as I went over the VAT registration threshold possibly 2 years ago and now the gubmint wants a truckload of money from me. Can't see a way out other than give it to them and start from scratch again.

Not to worry. I'd just better get on with it.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2019, 04:26:58 PM »
Been there. Well, not business wise, but the California "Franchise tax board" came after ME for my dad's back due taxes.

...which they calculated after he was dead. I STILL keep a copy of his death certificate in my current records box. We filed everything right, the state are just bless'ed vampires.

Another "Fun" bit, I was still a minor when they came at me with that poo. Dad died in 1997. Later on they tried filing liens on his boat and truck.

It's so funny how an error on THEIR end causes an obligation on YOUR end.

Also sucks when I need to pull something up for insurance, and yup, reminder dad's gone forever, again.

Tarascon is a gentleman, and I hope he escapes Michigan. I hope EVERYONE escapes Michigan. The people in New Jersey can stay there.

Smokes, I really hope good things come your way, and the metaphorical teeth kicks get redirected to those who need 'em.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2019, 06:52:41 PM »
I miss tarascon. He's such a civil chap. Wish him well from me when next you write.

I'm having a lot of poo in my life at the moment as I went over the VAT registration threshold possibly 2 years ago and now the gubmint wants a truckload of money from me. Can't see a way out other than give it to them and start from scratch again.

Not to worry. I'd just better get on with it.

I can't speak to the UK tax people, but the IRS can sometimes be persuaded to reduce tax liabilities or to extend payments.  Are they so hard hearted there?

My husband is self employed and works in shared space with other craftsmen.  One day the Board of Equalization guys came through and hit up everyone in the shop to make sure they were registered and paying taxes on what they made and sold.  Fun times.  So now he has to file quarterly returns regardless of whether he's sold something or not.  It sounds similar to what you are dealing with, smokes.

I'm sorry to hear about the tax problems after your father's death, 8ully.  Just what you need to deal with in addition to grief.

tarascon seems to like MI, although I think the weather is very harsh.  Now that his mother's gone, it's not clear why he wants to remain there.  CA is much warmer/milder, although I guess the cost of living is higher.  It would be great if he came back on here more regularly.