Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 335128 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:18 PM »
Hope the wood is available then, almost impossible to obtain near me and I do need to repair steps to front of house

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »
Something has gone weird with the chinese writing of this topic. For me anyhow.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »
Same for me in. The topic title is fine but the individual post "Re: Last person..." seems to have switched to the ASCII code equivalent.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2020, 04:07:20 PM »
Same for me in. The topic title is fine but the individual post "Re: Last person..." seems to have switched to the ASCII code equivalent.

Maybe it's been corona'd.

Interesting though as nothing has changed and now we are the host I have no one to ask except you and the young-un upstairs.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »
243 pages is a good run, maybe it's time for the next incarnation.

Someone dumped a fuckload of movies at goodwill. A lot of them were those "everyone are white" type movies. I passed.

Got a copy of The Long Kiss Goodnight though, that was a score. Iron Man 2, I liked that one. I didn't previously own a copy of Armageddon, that's in the stack now.

Just a shitload of DVD's I never wanted to pay for, and the universe decided "You're right, here ya go"

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2020, 12:04:17 AM »
How satisfying.  I don't think the Goodwill is open again up here.  My favorite thrift store chain (Thrift Town) closed due to the pandemic.  Closed two more stores and I think they now only have some in Texas.  They had books, dvds, clothes, housewares, all kinds of stuff.  It was fun to shop there.  I don't think there are any remaining decent stores around the Bay Area.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2020, 12:46:58 AM »
Oh it's not open, people are just dumping stuff behind it.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2020, 02:42:43 AM »
Cool.  So they are really free DVDs.  People put stuff on the curb around here:  books, cds, dvds, the random items.  There's so much media to be had and so little time to sit and go through it.  Vampirism seems a good way to catch up on reading, although from what I can see, most fictional vampires rarely use it to good ends, unlike the cast on SG1 Season 10 when they were stuck for 20 years.  At least Carter learned to play the cello.

With this pandemic, it would be great to clean the house, but there's always other things to do that get in the way.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2020, 02:58:39 AM »
I feel like they wanted to use credence in the 1969 episode, were told no, and when they got to undying they were just like "The golly they gonna do, cancel us?"

I've also heard that the rights on music are really nuts, and if you want a big song, it's going to golly your budget.

As to the goodwill thing, I used to be scared when my mom would go back there, like she was stealing or some poo. Turns out that's a gray area of the law.

One neat Spider-Man fanfic he found himself in Gotham and used this gray area of the law to get civilian clothing.

I got this one area of the living room I need to get into, to either discard stuff, or reclaim stuff, and I can't, mom set up planters. Imagine like a standing metal bookcase with no back filled with plants.

She is also eager to get back there.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2020, 07:07:25 AM »
'tweren't easy as nothing helped from pruning to manually renaming. In the end, had to bite the bullet and convert us to UTF-8 and then mass rename.

It seems to have worked for me.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2020, 09:25:08 AM »
Now, before you log in, the rectangular field at the bottom of the page only lists the names of posters in recent posts, not the topic/thread in which they posted.  It's leaner.  Not particularly a problem, but less information.

You can always look at the specific topic category to see the name of the last poster.  None of the posts or names of threads are visible until you log in.  That does afford a greater amount of privacy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:29:03 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »
Is that one of those ‘fighting in an octagonal cage’ sort of things?

I wanted to install one of those but it needed to have wheelchair access by law.

I didn't have the space.

Now, before you log in, the rectangular field at the bottom of the page only lists the names of posters in recent posts, not the topic/thread in which they posted.  It's leaner.  Not particularly a problem, but less information.

You can always look at the specific topic category to see the name of the last poster.  None of the posts or names of threads are visible until you log in.  That does afford a greater amount of privacy.

I am never logged out so I don't know if that's a recent change or not?

Until the work I did today, nothing had changed so I not sure what's going on. I've run the corona idea past some techs but they think it doesn't carry much weight. They aren't ruling it out, but they think something else - more possible - might be at play.

I'm now thinking novichok.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2020, 01:01:37 PM »
It's definitely happened within the last day.  It used to be possible to see the names of the threads and the last poster active in it.  Now we see categories and names but nothing else.  The bottom rectangle has names of posters only.

The little faces with "New" next to them also indicate recent activity within the categories, but it isn't possible to see in which threads it took place.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »
It's definitely happened within the last day.  It used to be possible to see the names of the threads and the last poster active in it.  Now we see categories and names but nothing else.  The bottom rectangle has names of posters only.

The little faces with "New" next to them also indicate recent activity within the categories, but it isn't possible to see in which threads it took place.

Well, that must be a trade off with converting the database. Maybe it will iron out with the next SMF update.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »
It's not a problem, per se.  Just a noticeable difference.  I know you're busy with other stuff, so I wouldn't worry about it.